WHAT WE DO
WHAT WE DO
TRAINING & ASSESSMENT
ASET trains and assesses from various stages to job ready:
- Upstream and Downstream Oil & Gas Production and Maintenance Technicians
- New entrants
- Industry apprentices
- Semi-experienced technicians
- Experienced Technicians
- Senior Management including Offshore Installation Manager and Control Room Operator
- Dynamic Positioning Operators
- Semi-Submersible and Jack-Up Rig Operational Personnel
RANGE OF TRAINING PROVISION
- Assessor and Verifier Qualifications
- Automation & Process Control
- Compex Hazardous Areas
- Digital Online Learning
- ECITB Technical Trade Tests
- Electrical Engineering
- Emergency Response
- Health & Safety
- Marine Operations
- Mechanical Engineering
- Oil & Gas Process Operations
- Production Trade Tests
- UK Oil & Gas Industry - Oil & Gas Technician Apprenticeship Programme (OGTAP)
- Overseas company sponsored long courses
- Over 200 competence based short courses
- On-the -job training
- In-country training overseas
- Technical trade testing
- EX Hazardous Areas Equipment Inspection & Maintenance on live plant at overseas locations
- Exclusive Global Train-the-Trainer Diploma SCQF Level 8 Qualification in Process Operations, Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Health & Safety Consultancy and Management
- Quality Assurance Management
- International awarding body approvals
- Highly qualified and experienced ASET Vocational Training Instructors/Assessors
ASET INTERNATIONAL ENERGY TRAINING ACADEMY AND SCOTTISH CREDIT & QUALIFICATION FRAMEWORK (SCQF) PARTNERSHIP
ASET International Energy Training Academy is an established SCQF Credit Rating Body with a range of specialised vocational training provision across the Oil & Gas, engineering, marine, renewables and construction industries.
About the Framework
The SCQF is the national qualifications framework for Scotland(CRB) through the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) Partnership. This allows the organisation to make decisions about the SCQF level and SCQF credit points allocated to qualifications developed to train staff in the oil and gas sector.
Benefits of Using the Framework
Individuals - helps learners plan their learner journey.
Employers - helps employers understand different types of qualifications and also supports effective recruitment and workforce development.
Education & Training - helps education and training providers of all kinds to identify the level that has been studied in a particular subject and makes it easier to transfer credit points between different learning programmes.
Learning Programmes - provides recognition of a very wide range of learning programmes.
- How Does It Work? By using two measures, the level of a qualification or learning programme and the number of credit points awarded, the Framework helps you understand and compare the various Scottish qualifications. The level of a qualification indicates the level of difficulty and the number of credit points indicates the length of time it takes to complete. One SCQF credit point represents an average of 10 hours of learning time.
- SCQF Levels -the Scottish Credit and Qualifications
Framework has 12 levels. The different levels
indicate the level of difficulty of a particular
qualification. The Level Descriptors outline
the general outcomes of learning at SCQF
levels under five broad headings:
- knowledge and understanding;
- practice (applied knowledge and understanding);
- generic cognitive skills (e.g. evaluation, critical analysis);
- communication, numeracy and IT skills; and
- autonomy, accountability and working with others.
- The Descriptors allow broad comparisons to be made between qualifications and learning and allow learners, employers and the public in general to understand the range of skills and learning that should be achieved at each level.
- SCQF Credit Points - Credit points are a way of showing how much time it takes, on average, to complete a qualification or learning programme. Along with the Level Descriptors, they allow learners, learning providers and employers to compare different qualifications at the same or even different levels. In common with other credit systems, the SCQF works on the basis that one credit point represents the amount of learning achieved through a notional 10 hours of learning time which includes everything a learner has to do to achieve the outcomes in a qualification including the assessment procedures.
To find out more about the SCQF Framework, please click on the below link:
- COVID-19 MEASURES
- WHO ARE WE?
- WHAT WE DO
- FLEXIBLE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT FUND
- HOW THE INDUSTRY VIEW US
- QUALITY ASSURED
- STANDARDS AND ACCREDITATION
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Excellent and informative.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.