WHAT WE DO
WHAT WE DO
ASET TRAIN AND ASSESS FROM VARIOUS STAGES TO JOB READY:
- Upstream and Downstream Oil & Gas Production and Maintenance Technicians
- New entrants
- Industry Apprentices
- Semi-experienced Technicians
- Experienced Technicians
- Senior Management including Offshore Installation Manager and Control Room Operator
- Dynamic Positioning Operators
- Semi-Submersible and Jack-Up Rig Operational Personnel
RANGE OF TRAINING PROVISION
- Assessor and Verifier Qualifications
- Automation & Process Control
- Compex Hazardous Areas
- Digital Online Learning
- ECITB Technical Trade Tests
- Electrical Engineering
- Emergency Response
- Health & Safety
- Marine Operations
- Mechanical Engineering
- Oil & Gas Process Operations
- Production Trade Tests
- UK Oil & Gas Industry - Oil & Gas Technician Apprenticeship Programme (OGTAP)
- Overseas Company Sponsored Long Courses
- Over 200 Competence Based Short Courses
- On-the -job training
- In-country training overseas
- Technical Trade Testing
- Train the Trainer SCQF Level 8 Qualification
- EX Hazardous Areas Equipment Inspection & Maintenance on live plant at overseas locations
- Overseas Capacity Building
- Consultancy & Project Management
- Oil & Gas Technical Training Centre Design
- Exclusive SCQF Level 8 Train-the-Trainer professional qualification in Process, Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation Engineering
- Health & Safety Consultancy and Management
- Highly qualified and experienced ASET Vocational Training Instructors / Assessors
City & Guilds Credit Rated and Levelled Courses
ASET’s exclusive range of City & Guilds credit rated and levelled Oil and Gas short courses allow delegates attending these courses the opportunity to demonstrate their ongoing professional development. This exclusive range of courses are not only recognised within the SCQF framework but also provide the building blocks to enhance existing qualifications and provide a road map to further modes of study. The advantages of having a qualification placed in the SCQF are that learners, employers, receiving institutions, awarding bodies, Sector Skills Councils and standard setting organisations (SSOs) etc can see the level of skills being developed by the learner or employee and how the qualification relates to other qualifications and learning programmes in Scotland and other credit frameworks in the United Kingdom and Europe. It can also help when selecting relevant training options and identifying development paths and progression routes. The SCQF uses two measures to describe qualifications and learning programmes: ‘level’ and ‘credit’. The term ‘credit rating’ encompasses both the allocation of SCQF level and the calculation of SCQF credit points. Qualifications can be added to the SCQF provided they meet the following criteria from the SCQF Partnership:
- They must be outcome-based, ie must contain statements of knowledge, skills, values or competence that are capable of being measured at the end of a process of learning (based on learning outcomes)
- They should be capable of being assessed, ie there must be a robust, effective system of assessing that the outcomes have been achieved (These outcomes must be recorded.)
- They are subject to external quality assurance, ie must have a documented process of external quality assurance for the assessment of the learning outcomes
- They must consist of a minimum of 10 hours of notional learning time. ASET’s vocational training is highly specialized delivered by ex Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas qualified and experienced training personnel on a live replicated Oil and Gas Production Training Platform – reality without risk and ASET’s main “USP”. No other UK College, University or Training Provider can provide the same level of in depth and relevant work related training and assessment for Oil and Gas Technicians that both replicates the actual workplace and prepares for, or transfers to the workplace.
- COVID - 19 UPDATE
- WHO ARE WE?
- WHAT WE DO
- ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy - Approved SCQF Credit Rating Body
- HOW THE INDUSTRY VIEW US
- QUALITY ASSURED
- STANDARDS AND ACCREDITATION
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Excellent and informative.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.