Internally Monitor And Maintain The Quality Of Workplace Assessment: Unit L&d11 Sqa Scqf Level 8
About this course
Learning Hours: 2 days classroom
Cost per Delegate: £1,466 + VAT for 2 days classroom training only. See notes to customers for additional costs.
How to Book this Course
Available on request. To enquire about dates or to set up a course specifically for your company please contact the ASET Customer Service Team.
Anyone within an organization whose role requires them to internally assure the quality of assessment. The course is also aimed at those who require an understanding of the role of internally assuring the quality of assessment within a Competence Standard System. This is a competence-based qualification; therefore this course is for individuals who will undertake the post-course work to achieve their award.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Gain an understanding on the processes of preparing and planning to carry out internal quality assurance.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to carry out planned monitoring of the quality of assessment.
- Understanding of how to provide assessors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice.
- Understand the requirements of meeting appropriate external quality assurance.
- Standards of competence
- Verification strategies
- Verifier’s role and responsibilities
- Constructing and maintaining an IQA CPD log (now a formal condition of maintaining IQA status)
- Assistance and guidance on how to construct a portfolio of evidence
- Professional discussion
- The Verification Process:
- Planning for internal quality assurance of assessment
- Evaluating quality of assessment
- Internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment.
- Trainee Verifier must compile a portfolio of evidence to satisfy the awarding body criteria.
- To achieve this qualification the verifier candidate is required to carry out the monitoring activities in their organisation’s quality assurance procedures in accordance with appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
- Their knowledge will be assessed by taking part in a discussion with their assessor, answering questions (written or oral), verifier-candidate statement or a combination of all of these.
- The verifier-candidate’s performance will be assessed by the assessor looking at products of work, for example:
- The verifier-candidate will be observed monitoring the activities of one assessor.
- Review meetings conducted with the ASET SQA Approved Lead verifier and the trainee verifier to authenticate the ongoing portfolio of evidence.
- Final meeting for summative assessment of portfolio of evidence.
SQA Verifier certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
- V1 or equivalent Internal Quality Assurance qualification
- SQA approved Training Instructor
2/10, course durations and times may vary depending on delegate numbers
Notes to Customers
- One assessment by an ASET Lead Assessor in the workplace (not including instructor travel & accommodation if required): £600+VAT
- Interim assessment of portfolio: £200+VAT
- Final verification of portfolio: £300+VAT
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Kevin was extremely knowledgeable about pressure testing I would highly recommend anyone to take the course from Kevin.
Bluewater Services UK
Tutors, examples, experience and knowledge are an ASET when giving course training.
KCA Deutag Drilling Ltd
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
ASET have a better lab and knowledge base - they provided a better training experience than other places.
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Great course very good instructors, very well presented and made to feel at ease throughout the training I will recommend this course to others!
Great update of boards since I came 6 years ago, great facility with huge investments being made.
Diageo Malt Distilling
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Did above and beyond to accommodate me for my booking requirements, instructor was very knowledgeable and passionate on the topic. He also holds first-hand experience in the role.
Great training facilitators, passing on good knowledge and experience in the field on CompEx.
Modec Production Services Ghana
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Excellent course with good instructors - the ASET facility was superb!
Spirit Energy Production UK Limited
Usual high standard of coaching and assessment - see you in 3 years!
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Excellent and informative.
Really enjoyed this course thoroughly, Ian's teaching style, attitude and approach is first class this was truly and enjoyable course and I got 100% out of it. The instructor delivers the content in a perfect level - I would recommend this!
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Great course, very informative and practical. Austin and Graeme are excellent lecturers and a credit to the facility.
INEOS FPS Ltd
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course, I would like to take further training here on Emergency Response. The instructors demonstrated excellent knowledge and information and made the scenarios as real as possible. It was a great insight and introduction.
John fulfilled my expectations of the course and I can leave ASET feeling more comfortable completing isolations within my workplace.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
As someone with limited knowledge of hydraulics this course was very beneficial. I learnt lots throughout the 3 days!
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
ASET is definetly a world-class training institute this is clearly reflected in the overall course from booking training to completion. Toby is a very experienced teacher and had an excellent way of communicating course details as well as judging which sections needed extra time thank you Toby!
Saudi Aramco Rowan Offshore Drilling
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Very good course with different scenarios. Instructors were good at escalating situations to get you thinking.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Excellent course for me, first time on a jack up course. Ian is a mine of information on jack ups and semi-subs!
Petrofac Offshore Project and Engineering
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Excellent course, good opportunity to develop hands on skills - very helpful and approachable staff.