Unit L&d11 Sqa Scqf Level 8 Internally Monitor And Maintain The Quality Of Workplace Assessment
About this course
Learning Hours: 2 days classroom
Cost per Delegate: £1,396 + VAT for 2 days classroom training only
How to Book this Course
Available on request. To enquire about dates or to set up a course specifically for your company please contact the ASET Customer Service Team.
Anyone within an organization whose role requires them to internally assure the quality of assessment. The course is also aimed at those who require an understanding of the role of internally assuring the quality of assessment within a Competence Standard System. This is a competence-based qualification; therefore this course is for individuals who will undertake the post-course work to achieve their award.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Gain an understanding on the processes of preparing and planning to carry out internal quality assurance.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to carry out planned monitoring of the quality of assessment.
- Understanding of how to provide assessors with feedback, advice and support to help them maintain and improve their assessment practice.
- Understand the requirements of meeting appropriate external quality assurance.
- Standards of competence
- Verification strategies
- Verifier’s role and responsibilities
- Constructing and maintaining an IQA CPD log (now a formal condition of maintaining IQA status)
- Assistance and guidance on how to construct a portfolio of evidence
- Professional discussion
- The verification Process:
- Planning for internal quality assurance of assessment
- Evaluating quality of assessment
- Internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment.
- Trainee Verifier must compile a portfolio of evidence to satisfy the awarding body criteria.
- To achieve this qualification the verifier candidate is required to carry out the monitoring activities in their organisation’s quality assurance procedures in accordance with appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
- Their knowledge will be assessed by taking part in a discussion with their assessor, answering questions (written or oral), verifier-candidate statement or a combination of all of these.
- The verifier-candidate’s performance will be assessed by the assessor looking at products of work, for example:
- The verifier-candidate will be observed monitoring the activities of one assessor.
- Review meetings conducted with the ASET SQA Approved Lead verifier and the trainee verifier to authenticate the ongoing portfolio of evidence.
- Final meeting for summative assessment of portfolio of evidence.
SQA Assessor certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
- SQA approved Training Instructor
2/10, course durations and times may vary depending on delegate numbers
Notes to Customers
- One assessment by an ASET Lead Assessor in the workplace (not including travel & accommodation if required): £600+VAT
- Interim assessment of portfolio: £200+VAT
- Final verification of portfolio: £300+VAT
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Excellent and informative.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.