Oim Coaching- Controlling Emergencies: Scqf Level 7
About this course
Learning Hours: 2 days (08:30 to 16:30)
Cost per Delegate: See Notes to Customers Below
OIMs, Deputy OIMs, Emergency Deputy OIMs and Supervisors.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of information management and effective communication during an emergency.
- Understanding of the roles of offshore emergency personnel.
- Practice and understand effective delegation and management of an emergency team’s performance.
- Recognise and manage the signs of stress.
- Recognise and interpret environmental factors and their effect on emergency situations.
Classroom and simulator introduction to:
- Assessing the Situation & Taking Effective Action
- Maintain Communications
- Delegate Authority to Act
- Manage Individual & Team Performance
- Deal with Stress in Self & Others
- Constructive Feedback on Performance.
Each delegate will undertake a multiple-choice examination paper and emergency response simulated scenarios to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes listed above.
This course exclusively uses ASET’s state of the art, live and interactive process operations computer based simulation software which simulates a Control Room environment.
SCQF Credit Rated and Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
- 5 years offshore or onshore experience in emergency management
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor with OIM experience
- OPITO Approved Assessor
- 1/2 if OIM only and ASET provides skilled role players.
- 1/1 if OIM is accompanied by his/her offshore Emergency Response Team
Notes to Customers
- To set up a course specifically for your company’s requirements, or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
- Delegates should be aware that there are elements within the course which could prove to be stressful in nature. It is the responsibility of both the sponsoring company and the delegate to highlight any concerns regarding delegate fitness to participate on this course.
- Delegates are required to supply a Government issued photographic ID on starting the course.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Excellent and informative.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.