Hv Switching & System Control ( City & Guilds 0672)
|30 May - 01 Jun 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||0|
|20 Jun - 22 Jun 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||4|
|01 Aug - 03 Aug 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||3|
|08 Aug - 10 Aug 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||3|
|22 Aug - 24 Aug 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||3|
|29 Aug - 31 Aug 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
|12 Sep - 14 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||2|
|10 Oct - 12 Oct 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||6|
|31 Oct - 02 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||12|
|07 Nov - 09 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||12|
|14 Nov - 16 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||12|
|21 Nov - 23 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||12|
|05 Dec - 07 Dec 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||12|
|12 Dec - 14 Dec 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£1,000.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||12|
About this course
Target Audience Engineering personnel involved with power distribution networks, and the use of site operated switchgear, either onshore, offshore or onboard vessels.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Gain an understanding of the basic principles in HV/LV switching.
- Required knowledge of heath and safety within an HV area and how to work safely.
- Knowledge and skill to prepare and perform a switching and isolation within an HV/LV area.
- Safety regulations HSAWA 74, EAW Regs 1989
- Electric shock effects
- First aid procedures
- Permit to work systems
- Authorisation levels
- Effects of faults on switchgear
- HV/LV Protection Relays Overview
- Switchgear types and principals of operation
- Generator operation
- Control and capability diagrams
- Load flow and load stability
Each delegate will undertake an open book multiple-choice examination paper and practical assessment to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above.
ASET High Voltage equipment consists of a full range of HV and LV switchboards which can either be remotely switched through our Electric Control Panel or locally at the boards themselves.
Why ASET’s High Voltage Training differs from that of it’s competitors in Scotland:
- The primary electrical supply comes from two of ASET’s Power Generator and VSD (Variable Synchronised Drives) which allows delegates the opportunity to synchronise and load share during training exercises
- ASET have two fully rated Transformers which feeds between HV to LV boards
- ASET High Voltage technology uses live electrical power to which we simulate for safety reasons to 6.6Kv
- ASET’s High Voltage technology and equipment is the most up-to-date consisting of Schneider fully rated Circuit Vacuum Breakers on the HV board and fully rated Air Circuit Breakers on our LV boards
- ASET training personnel take delegates through extensive training and assessment on all HV and LV boards using live power. This also includes delegates creating suitable switching and isolations:
- ASET’s exclusive 0672 City & Guilds qualification has, over many years, become the entry course and standard in the North Sea and wider UKCS for further authorisations by Electrical personnel
- Part of the ASET competency assessment requires course delegates to complete a written examination and a practical assessment to demonstrate the knowledge they have gained throughout the course. This is mandatory for quality assurance and City & Guilds 0672 Certification.
City & Guilds 0672 Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
- SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Qualification/ Minimum 5 years experience in electrical plant and equipment Installations Experience
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
- City & Guilds approved Training Instructor
3/12, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Notes to Customers
To set up a course specifically for your company, or if the dates above are not suitable, please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Excellent and informative.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.