Compex 5 Day Ex01 - Ex 04 Competence Based Course
|06 Jun - 10 Jun 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||3|
|20 Jun - 24 Jun 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||7|
|04 Jul - 08 Jul 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||18|
|18 Jul - 22 Jul 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||18|
|01 Aug - 05 Aug 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||17|
|22 Aug - 26 Aug 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|05 Sep - 09 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|19 Sep - 23 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|03 Oct - 07 Oct 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|24 Oct - 28 Oct 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|07 Nov - 11 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||19|
|21 Nov - 25 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|28 Nov - 02 Dec 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
|12 Dec - 16 Dec 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£745.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||20|
About this course
This qualification is suitable for practicing electrical or instrument technicians who are involved in installing, inspecting and maintaining certified Ex electrical equipment in locations where gases and vapours can potentially create a hazardous area.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Gain the knowledge required to identify the correct national regulations, directives and IEC standards which are applicable to hazardous locations.
- Understand the correct criteria and descriptors used to classify a hazardous location.
- The ability to recognise the correct characteristics of common hazardous gases and vapours discussed during the course.
- Demonstrate an underpinning knowledge of how certified Ex electrical equipment including Ex ‘d’, ‘e’, ‘n’, ‘p’, ‘m’, ‘o’, ‘q’, ‘s’, Intrinsic Safety (IS) maintains its protection concept and how it is to be selected, installed, inspected and maintained.
- Understand the correct test value readings for IS and non-IS installations and equipment.
- General principles, ignition properties and apparatus protection
- Standards, Certification and marking
- Flameproof Ex’d’ protection
- Increased safety Ex’e’
- Type Ex’n’ protection
- Pressurisation Ex’px’, Ex’py’ and Ex’pz’ protection
- Intrinsic safety Ex’ia’, ‘ib’ and ‘ic’
- Other methods of protection, Ex’o’, Ex’q’ and Ex’m’
- Combined (hybrid) methods of protection
- Wiring systems, enclosure entries, cable glanding and earthing
- Inspection and maintenance to BS/IEC 60079-17
- Sources of ignition
- Induction to competence validation protection testing
- Permit to work system and safe isolation
Each delegate will undertake a multiple-choice examination paper to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above.
- CompEx National Certificate of Core Competence – valid for 5 years from date awarded.
- Refresher course to be undertaken prior to 5-year expiry date otherwise 5-day CompEx Course to be retaken.
- Note: non-electrical/instrumentation personnel who complete the course are issued with an CSNV CompEx Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
- SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering/Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent
- Industrial experience with electrical and instrumentation equipment in potentially Experience hazardous areas
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
- CompEx approved Training Instructor
4/20, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers. Individual delegate finishing time will depend on the length of time taken for assessment.
- Delegates are required to provide their own PPE
- Evidence of relevant vocational qualifications, either electrical or instrumentation, on starting the course (e,g, Apprenticeship certificate, Level 3 NVQ/SVQ or ECS/SJIB card).
Notes to Customers
To set up a course specifically for your company, or if the dates above are not suitable, please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Excellent and informative.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.