Small Bore Tubing & Pipework: City & Guilds Scqf Level 6
|11 Mar - 12 Mar 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£699.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
|08 Apr - 09 Apr 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£699.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
|08 Jul - 09 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£699.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
|26 Aug - 27 Aug 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£699.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
About this course
All persons who will have responsibility for the installation or inspection of small bore pipe work and fittings.
To provide course delegates with the requisite knowledge & hand skill to:
- Select the correct materials to specification for carrying out small bore tubing fabrication on process plant
- Identify and select tubing materials & fittings of correct size, differentiating between metric and imperial
- Establish pressure ratings of tube & fittings
- Fabricate and join tube assemblies using tube cutting and bending tooling, flaring tools and compression fittings
- Apply quality control measures to ensure the correct assembly of high and low pressure compression fittings
- Carry out pressure testing of tube & pipework assemblies for strength testing and leak testing, establishing system design pressure from P&IDs and Piping Classes
- Identify thread types and installation practice for NPT taper and BSP parallel thread connections
- Identify tube and fitting failure modes and take appropriate preventative and corrective actions.
Lesson presentation on:
- Pipe and tubing materials & their applications, size and pressure rating, bending and joining processes including; soldering, brazing, flared and compression fittings
- Threaded fittings, types of thread, assembly procedures and related industry standards
- Pressure testing pipe & tube assemblies in accordance with HSE Guidance Note GS4 & related industry standards.
Practical workshop exercises in:
- Measuring and marking out tubing for accurate bending using bend allowance calculations and template methods
- Tube cutting and bending, use of hand tube bending machines
- Assembly of compression fittings
- Hydrostatic pressure test of manufactured assembly
- Tube flaring practise.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment.
City & Guilds SCQF Level 6 Certificate
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- 5 years offshore experience in production operations and maintenance
- Presentation skills
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Clinterty Campus Clinterty, Kinellar, Aberdeen AB21 0TZ.
Very happy with this course, it has brought up my level of understanding
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Download Course Directory