Gwo Basic Technical Training (btt) Combined
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Delegates who want to gain a greater understanding on the fundamentals of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic engineering in relation to the renewable energy sector, in particular wind turbines.Key Learning Outcomes:
• GWO Basic Technical Training (BTT) is an entry level course that enables delegates to perform basic mechanical, electrical and hydraulic tasks in a wind turbine environment under the supervision of an experienced technician.
• Explain the basics of electricity
• Explain risks and hazards associated with electrical work
• Explain the function and symbol of electrical components
• Explain the function of different types of sensors
• Explain and interpret a simple electrical diagram and demonstrate how to assembly it on a circuit
• Demonstrate how to make correct and safe measurements
• Explain the main components, mechanical systems and the basic operation of wind turbines
• Explain risks and hazards associated with mechanics
• Understand the principles of bolted and welded connections and their inspection
• Demonstrate practical skills to use manual tightening and measuring tools.
• Demonstrate the correct use of hydraulic torque and tensioning tools
• Explain the principles of a gearbox
• Explain the function of the brake systems and demonstrate how to inspect them
• Explain the function of the yaw system and explain how to inspect it
• Explain the function of the cooling system and demonstrate how to inspect it
• Explain the function of the lubrication system and demonstrate how to inspect it
• Explain the basics of hydraulics
• Explain risks and hazards associated with hydraulic work
• Explain the function of different types of pumps and demonstrate how to check start/ stop pressure of a pump
• Explain the function of different types of actuators
• Explain the function of different types of valves
• Explain the function of accumulators and demonstrate how to check and pre-charge them
• Explain the function of different types of sensors
• Identify the components which transfer the oil
• Describe the handling of oil procedures
• Identify and find different components on a hydraulic diagram
• Demonstrate how to measure the hydraulic pressure accurately
Each delegate will undertake a multiple-choice examination paper and practical exercises to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience:
• SVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• GWO Certified in BTT
Be WINDA registered before arriving for the course
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Notes to Customers:
To set up a course specifically for your company or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Excellent and informative.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot