Unit L&d9di Sqa Scqf Level 8 Internally Monitor And Maintain The Quality Of Workplace Assessment
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Duration Time Cost
09:00 to 16:30 £1265 + VAT
Can be tailored to suit
for 2 days classroom training only
Any workplace assessments/verification or review meetings carried out by the ASET SQA Approved Lead verifier will be charged at an additional cost dependant on location duration.
Classroom 2 days
Work environment required following the two days classroom teaching in order to generate the required evidence and experience
2 Weeks Maximum 18 Months
Available on request
About this Course
Anyone within an organization whose role requires them to internally assure the quality of assessment. The course is also aimed at those who require an understanding of the role of internally assuring the quality of assessment within a Competence Standard System. This is a competence-based qualification; therefore this course is for individuals who will undertake the post-course work to achieve their award
Practical Content 70% Theoretical Content 30%
To allow IQA candidates to understand the key requirements and components of a Competence Standard System and to realize their part, as an internal verifier, within this process. To give the IQA candidates the required skill and knowledge to enable them to produce an evidence portfolio, in internally assuring the quality of assessment, carried out in their place of work or in a training environment. This Portfolio of Evidence will then be assessed and on successful completion, the candidate will receive their Internally Quality Assurance Qualification.
• Standards of Competence
• Verification Strategies
• Verifier's role and responsibilities
• Constructing and maintaining an IQA CPD log (now a formal condition of maintaining IQA status)
• Assistance and guidance on how to construct a Portfolio of Evidence
• Professional Discussion
• The verification Process:
• Planning for internal quality assurance of assessment
• Evaluating quality of assessment
• Internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
• Manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
• Maintain legal and good practice requirements when internally monitoring and maintaining the quality of assessment
Location of Delivery & Course Requirements
This qualification can be delivered at ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy or alternatively any location in the UK or overseas country.
• 2 Days Classroom Training includes:
• Presentation, Trainer-led discussion, group exercises and group discussion.
• Trainee Verifier must compile a portfolio of evidence to satisfy the awarding body criteria
• To achieve this qualification the verifier candidate is required to carry out the monitoring activities in their organisation's quality assurance procedures in accordance with appropriate external quality assurance requirements.
• Their knowledge will be assessed by taking part in a discussion with their assessor, answering questions (written or oral), verifier-candidate statement or a combination of all of these.
• The verifier-candidate's performance will be assessed by the assessor looking at products of work, for example:
o Notes of meetings with assessors and other quality assurance staff in the organisation.
o Notes on the planning process for their monitoring activities.
o Quality assurance documentation the verifier-candidate uses to record their monitoring of at least two assessors' work with at least two candidates each, covering at least three assessment decisions in total. Monitoring will include observation of assessors providing feedback to their candidates.
o Records of their use of the results of monitoring to provide feedback, including advice and support on practice and planned CPD processes, to assessors and other relevant people and agreeing any remedial action or changes to assessment procedures to meet internal and external quality assurance requirements.
• The verifier-candidate will be observed monitoring the activities of one assessor.
• Review meetings conducted with the ASET SQA Approved Lead verifier and the trainee verifier to authenticate the ongoing portfolio of evidence.
• Final meeting for summative assessment of portfolio of evidence.
Upon completion of Portfolio of evidence and having been observed monitoring the activities of one assessor in the workplace and when the trainee verifier is deemed competent he/she will receive an SQA Verifier certificate.
The trainee Verifier will be registered and certified through SQA who are the Awarding Body for this award. Units are endorsed by lifelong learning UK, LLUK.
Qualified assessor, Assessing S/NVQ's or work place competence.
Min/Max Delegates 2/10.
Instructors were very knowledgeable and good training. Very good practical training
Very informative, well presented
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Lecturing was very good, clear and concise
NIIT Limited UK
Great course, valuable lessons learned. The experience and knowledge shared is of great benefit
Dolphin Drilling Personnel Pte Ltd
Excellent course with realistic situations. Great use of feedback after excercises.
Teekay Voyageur Production Ltd
Very worthwhile course and enlightened with different approaches & various scenarios
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Good course with very knowledgeable instructors
Although being apprehensive about attending the course, I was made to feel at ease and enjoyed the overall experience. I would not hesitate to recommend to others
Petrojarl Floating Production (uk) Ltd
Very happy with this course, it has brought up my level of understanding
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Course very informative, Lecturer knowledgeable and professional with effective means of imparting knowledge
Health and Safety Executive
Bibby Ship Management (Western Europe) Ltd
Very informative and well taught
Petrofac Training Ltd
Really good course which was greatly delivered
A W Training Services
Really good set up in this course and exceeded my original expectations. Will definitely recommend to others. Training and coaching was second to none and more importantly realistic
Talisman Sinopec Energy Uk Ltd
Thoroughly enjoyed this course, it has been extremely useful and I will take all of the learning back to my own facilities. Materials and environment were all excellent as were the ASET team
Good lecturer that made everything clear
Wood Group PSN Ltd
This course has given me a lot more understanding of pressure testing and will be very useful in the future
Excellent facilities, excellent support from ASET team, would recommend ASET without hesitation
Talisman Energy (UK)
Excellent Instructor, thank you!
NIIT Limited UK
Great course especially the simulator. Good that the lecturer has past and ongoing practical experience
KCA Deutag Technical Support Ltd
The lecturer was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful with the course content as well as providing lots of good information above and beyond the requirements which gave me an insight into the world of DP
Gulfmark UK Ltd
Lecturer was very thorough throughout course. Enjoyed having the chance to improve original skills and learn from an experienced person
Quick Flange UK
Good course well presented
Aker Offshore Partner