Unit L&d9di Sqa Scqf Level 8 Internally Monitor And Maintain The Quality Of Workplace Assessment
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Anyone within an organization whose role requires them to assess the performance of others. The course is also aimed at those who require an understanding of the role of assessment within a Competence Standard System. This is a competence-based qualification; therefore this course is for individuals who will undertake the post-course work to achieve their award.
Practical Content 70% Theoretical Content 30%
To allow candidates to understand the key requirements and components of a Competence Standard System and to realize their part, as an Assessor, within this process. To give the candidates the required skill and knowledge to enable them to produce an evidence portfolio, of real assessments, carried out in their place of work or in a training environment. This Portfolio of Evidence will then be assessed and on successful completion, the candidate will receive their Assessor Qualification.
• Standards of Competence
• Assessment Strategies
• Assessor role and responsibilities
• The Assessment Process:
• Planning for Assessments
• Evaluating Evidence
• Making and justifying Assessment Decisions
• Giving Feedback to Candidates
• Quality Assurance Measures
• The People Issues
• Constructing and maintaining an Assessor CPD log (now a formal condition of maintaining Assessor status)
• Assistance and guidance on how to construct a Portfolio of Evidence
• Professional Discussion.
Location of Delivery & Course Requirements
This qualification can be delivered at ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy or alternatively any location in the UK or overseas country.
2 Days Classroom Training includes:
• Presentation, Trainer-led discussion, group exercises and group discussion.
• Trainee Assessor must compile a portfolio of evidence to satisfy the awarding body criteria
• To achieve this qualification the assessor candidate must assess the competence of two candidates on two separate occasions in their place of work using a set of recognised standards provided by the candidate's employer. At least one of these assessments must be observed by the ASET SQA Approved Lead assessor.
• Review meetings conducted with the ASET SQA Approved Lead assessor and the trainee assessor to authenticate the ongoing portfolio of evidence.
• Final meeting for summative assessment of portfolio of evidence.
Upon completion of Portfolio of evidence and at least one observation of an assessment carried out by the trainee assessor in the workplace and when the trainee assessor is deemed competent the candidate will receive an SQA Assessor certificate.
The trainee assessor will be registered and certified through SQA who are the Awarding Body for this award. Units are endorsed by lifelong learning UK, LLUK.
Instructor/Supervisor or Competent Technician with the relevant experience.
One assessment by an ASET lead Assessor in the workplace (not including travel & accommodation if required): £600+VAT
Interim assessment of portfolio: £200+VAT
Final verification of portfolio: £300+VAT
Good lecturer that made everything clear
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Download Course Directory