Stcw High Voltage Training A-iii/2(management Level)
|17 Dec - 21 Dec 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£1,045.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||6|
|10 Jun - 14 Jun 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,066.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
|04 Nov - 08 Nov 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,066.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
|16 Dec - 20 Dec 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,066.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
About this course
Suitable for Chief Engineer Officers, Officers, Second Engineers, Engineer Surveyors, Marine Superintendents, serving Marine Electricians and ETO's who require certification in line with the obligations of the 2010 Manila Amendments to the STCW Code.
Practical Content 50% Theoretical Content 50%
Course Aims This Maritime & Coastguard Agency approved course gives seafarers who are responsible for the safe control and management of high voltage (HV) power systems, the essential education and training in HV installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW 2010 Table A-III/2 for electrical, electronic and control engineering at the management level.
• Safety Regulations HSWA. EAWR.
• Maritime Legislation including Code of Safe Working Practice
• Safety Documentation including Permit to Work
• Authorisation Levels
• Effects of faults on Switchgear
• Switching and Isolation Plans
• Generators operation, Synchronisation and Load distribution
• HV/LV Protection Relays Practical, Primary and Secondary Testing Techniques and Procedures
• Practical use of Relays to set up Discrimination Schemes
• Practical Fault Finding on HV Switchgear and Generators
• Polarisation Techniques and Testing of Transformers and Motors
• Thermal Inspections
• Practical Isolations Assessments
• Written Question Paper Assessment.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. This course is delivered using a distribution simulator.
MCA Approved Training Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
• 5 years' experience in electrical plant operations
• Qualified to Authorised Electrical Person status
• Presentation skills
• A1 Workplace Assessor.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Really good set up in this course and exceeded my original expectations. Will definitely recommend to others. Training and coaching was second to none and more importantly realistic
Talisman Sinopec Energy Uk Ltd
Download Course Directory