Atex Directives & Ce Marking Awareness
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Personnel involved in manufacturing, assembly and supply of equipment; on-site employers who require an understanding of DSEAR for the safety of workers and the use of equipment potentially at risk in hazardous areas. Suitable for project engineers, installers and Health & Safety personnel, who require meeting with the compliances of the Directives.
Practical Content 0% Theoretical Content 100%
This course is designed to advise on the current requirements of the ATEX Directives, Ce Marking, and the supporting documentation for electrical and non-electrical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The course will provide a practical understanding in the construction of technical files, as well as providing sample documentation for the certification, labelling of equipment and the conformity assessment procedures.
• S.I. No. 192 and DSEAR S.I. No. 2776 where applicable:
• Products within scope
• Zones of use, equipment groups, and categories
• Designation of notified bodies
• Documents issued by notified body and manufacturer
• EC Type-examination and declaration of conformity
• Internal control of production
• Essential health and safety requirements
• Ignition risk assessment and reporting
• Applicable harmonised standards
• Structure of the technical files
• CE marking of equipment and other references
• Quality Assurance
• Consideration of PED, Machinery, and EMC Directives
• Reference to the relative parts of DSEAR
• Written Assessment.
City & Guilds SCQF Credit Rated and Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
Industrial experience with electrical and instrumentation equipment in potentially hazardous areas and CompEx Trainer/Assessor Licence.
Good lecturer that made everything clear
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Download Course Directory