Explosion Protection & Atex Awareness
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Personnel with electrical, instrument or mechanical background within industry who require an understanding in the selection of equipment for hazardous areas. Suitable for engineers working on projects and pre-planning of inspection programmes to EN/IEC 60079-17 and the implications of DSEAR for maintenance.
Practical Content 0% Theoretical Content 100%
This competence based course, accredited by City & Guilds, is designed to give an understanding in hazardous area concepts for the use of electrical equipment. The course explains the protection methods from manufacture to installation, inspection and maintenance requirements as per the requirements of the CENELEC/CEN and IEC standards for electrical and non-electrical equipment.
The compliance requirements for the ATEX Directives and CE Marking are also covered.
Course Content S.I. No. 192 and DSEAR S.I. No. 2776 where applicable:
• Products within scope
• Zones of use, equipment groups, conformity categories
• Designation of notified bodies
• Documents issued by notified body and manufacturer
• EC-type examination and declaration of conformity
• Internal control of production
• Essential health and safety requirements
• Ignition risk assessment
• Applicable harmonised standards
• Structure of the technical files
• CE marking of equipment and other references
• Reference to Quality Assurance
• Written Assessment
City & Guilds SCQF Credit Rated and Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
Industrial experience with electrical and instrumentation equipment in potentially hazardous areas and CompEx Trainer/Assessor Licence.
Very informative and well taught
Petrofac Training Ltd
Download Course Directory