Working At Heights Awareness
|21 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£261.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||0|
|09 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£261.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||10|
|15 Dec 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£261.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||1|
About this course
Personnel who are required to carry out work at height in the workplace.
Key Learning Outcomes:
Key Learning Outcomes:
• Train Delegates in correct procedure when working at heights
• Understand the relevant statutory requirements and hazards when working at heights
• Aware of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and other relevant regulations
• Familiar with the requirements of the regulations and how they affect them and their organisation
• Aware of different types of work carried out at height and the possible hazards and risks involved
• Aware of the importance of organising a planning prior to starting work at height
• Aware of the safe systems of work procedures required to carry out work at height
• Familiar with the correct types of PPE and equipment used when working at height and how to inspect them
• Familiar with control procedures to reduce the hazards of working at height, including different types of fall protection systems Aware of the different types of working platforms that can be used for work at height including MEWP’s and scaffold towers
• Aware of different types of ladders and their safe use for work at height
• Proficient to ascend and descend ladders safely using relevant equipment
• Aware of suspension syncope, how to avoid it and how to deal with a person suffering from the effects
• Proficient in the use of various work at height equipment including harnesses, fall arrest and lanyards.
Assessment:Each delegate will undertake a multiple-choice examination paper to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above
Classroom & working at heights tasks carried out in the ASET Scaffolding Training Centre
which is 10m in height.
City & Guilds 9841 certificate.
Notes to Customer
The course involves climbing ladders and using working at height equipment, therefore delegates should be physically fit to carry out these tasks.
To set up a course specifically for your company or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Excellent and informative.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.