Major Emergency Management Initial Response- Opito Approved
|20 Aug - 23 Aug 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£2,550.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
|24 Sep - 27 Sep 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£2,550.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||4|
|22 Oct - 25 Oct 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£2,550.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||4|
|26 Nov - 29 Nov 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£2,550.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
|17 Dec - 20 Dec 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£2,550.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||6|
About this course
Personnel who have an emergency response role or who are members of the emergency response team. This is an excellent course for company personnel identified as potential Supervisors or Managers who will become involved in the decision making process during emergencies.
Course Length (Days)
Major Emergencies Management Training will provide designated personnel with formal training in command, control, communications and stress related factors in the management of major emergencies.
- Reviewing, managing and assessing the information available in an emergency situation in a timely manner
- Establishing priorities and taking effective action
- Implementing predetermined emergency plans and procedures in the context of the current emergency
- Efficient communication of information and instructions
- Keeping appropriate agencies informed through the offsite ERT
- Monitoring and controlling resources
- Evaluation of progress and communication of changes in plans and priorities
- Effective delegation of authority and managing individuals and teams
- Recognising and dealing with stress in self and others.
Classroom and dynamic Control Room simulation using our Generic Offshore/ Onshore, Platform or Onshore facility model. Evaluation of delegates will be by continuous observation during a minimum of two command centre simulations per delegate, at least one of which must be as the Emergency Manager, each based around a major incident.
Following the training and evaluation the delegate will receive an OPITO Approved Major Emergency Management Certificate. They will also receive a written analysis of any gaps that exist in the delegate's current managerial knowledge and capabilities for commanding a major emergency. These gaps should be met by further training and workplace drills and exercises, at their company's discretion.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- 5 years offshore or onshore experience in emergency management
- Presentation skills
- D32 or 'A' Unit (Workplace Assessor)
- Facilitator with a minimum of 3 years experience and holder of D32 or 'A' Unit
- D34 or V1 Internal Verifier will be available on site.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates should be aware that there are elements within the course which could prove to be stressful in nature. It is the responsibility of both the sponsoring company and the delegate to highlight any concerns regarding delegate fitness to participate on this course. Delegates are required to supply a Government issued photo ID on starting the course
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy, Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Price per Delegate
Clients are asked to note that this course descriptor is an example of the training and coaching we can provide. Due to the nature of this type of training this course can be customised to company/ platform requirements. Please contact us for further information.
Good course with very knowledgeable instructors
Download Course Directory