Major Emergency Management Initial Response Training
|19 Sep - 22 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£2,565.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
|17 Oct - 20 Oct 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£2,565.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
|21 Nov - 24 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£2,565.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||6|
|12 Dec - 15 Dec 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£2,565.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
About this course
The Major Emergency Management Initial Response (MEMIR) training is directed towards individuals who are either designated as being in charge of, are members of, or provide support to an emergency management team in an emergency.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- OPITO-approved MEMIR Training provides personnel with formal training in command, control, communications and stress-related factors in the management of major emergencies. This programme also provides initial emergency management training for personnel who are undertaking a training and competence programme to progress to the role of an emergency response manager.
• Reviewing, managing and assessing the information available in an emergency situation in a timely manner
• Establishing priorities and taking effective action
• Implementing predetermined emergency plans and procedures in the context of the current emergency
• Efficient communication of information and instructions
• Communicate effectively with all appropriate external agencies in accordance with local arrangements, guidance documents and legislation
• Monitoring and controlling resources
• Evaluation of progress and communication of changes in plans and priorities
• Effective delegation of authority and managing individuals and teams
• Recognising and dealing with stress in self and others
This course exclusively uses ASET’s state of the art, live and interactive process operations computer based simulation software which simulates a Control Room environment. Evaluation of delegates will be by continuous observation during command centre simulations, at least two of which must be as the Emergency Manager, each based around a major incident.Delivery
OPITO Certificate. Delegates will also receive a written analysis of any gaps that exist in their current managerial knowledge and capabilities for commanding a major emergency. These gaps should be met by further training and workplace drills and exercises, at their company’s discretion.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience:
• 5 years offshore or onshore experience in emergency management
• A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
• OPITO Approved Assessor
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event:
3/6, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Notes to Customers:
• To set up a course specifically for your companies requirements, or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
• Delegates should be aware that there are elements within the course which could prove to be stressful in nature. It is the responsibility of both the sponsoring company and the delegate to highlight any concerns regarding delegate fitness to participate on this course.
• Delegates are required to supply a Government issued photo ID on starting the course.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Excellent and informative.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services