Cisrs Operative Training Scheme (cots)
|05 Sep 2019||08:30 - 17:00||£143.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
About this course
CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS)
This course is for new entrant/operatives. Existing CISRS Scaffolding Labourer cardholders also need to complete the course once their current card expires, before being issued a new card, as part of CISRS scheme requirements.
Course Length (Days)
This course has been developed to teach all new entrants and labourers the basics of the industry and how to work safely with scaffolding and access equipment. It will also ensure that existing operatives are up to date, as scaffolding labourers will need to repeat the course every five years before renewing their card.
- General responsibilities
- Basic scaffolding terminology (components and application)
- Servicing of equipment (tube, fittings, boards etc.)
- Boards and stock – quality control
- Health, welfare, hygiene and housekeeping
- Electrical safety
- Fire prevention and control
- Noise and vibration
- Working at height
- Accident prevention and reporting
- Slips, trips and falls
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Transport safety on site
- Equipment and tools
- Manual handling (including loading and unloading)
- Lifting equipment using rope and wheel
- Questions/test paper.
Classroom and workshop based.
You will issued with a certificate of attendance following successful completion of the CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS) Course.
Upond completion of the CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) Test you will be eligible to apply for the relevant CISRS card.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 – 17:00
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
ASET Scaffolding Training Centre
Excellent Instructor, thank you!
NIIT Limited UK
Download Course Directory