Eal Level 3 Award In Initial Verification And Periodic Inspection & Testing Of Electrical Installations (eal 600/4337/4 + 600/4338/6)
|08 Nov - 12 Nov 2021||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College/aset||1|
About this course
Electrical personnel involved in initial and periodic inspecting and testing of electrical installations.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- This Award gives the learner an understanding of the theory and practice of Initial and periodic inspection, testing of both single and three phase electrical installations.
- Safe isolation procedures and equipment
- Requirements of Periodic and Initial and Inspection and testing
- Safe use of test equipment
- Completing Inspection & testing documentation
- Continuity of Protective Conductors
- Continuity of Ring final circuit conductors
- Insulation Resistance
- Protection by SELV
- Earth Electrode resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- RCD testing
- Prospective fault current
- Phase rotation
- Functional testing
- Verification of volt drop
- Course consist of both practical workshop and theoretical elements
• 90 minute Initial Verification online open book exam
• 60 minute Periodic Inspection & Testing online open book exam
• Practical excercises
- EAL Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (QCF) 600/4337/4
- EAL Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations (QCF0) 600/4338/6
• SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years experience in electrical plant and equipment Installations
• A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
• EAL approved Training Instructor
3/6, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
- Delegates must supply proof of relevant electrical industry qualification on starting the course, e.g. IET Electrical Regulations 17th / 18th edition (2381) vocational qualification/ time- served apprenticeship certificate.
- Delegates are required to supply and take with them their own PPE, e.g. overalls/safety footwear/safety glasses.
Notes to Customers
To set up a course specifically for your company or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent and informative.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling