Eal Level 3 Award In Initial Verification And Periodic Inspection & Testing Of Electrical Installations (eal 600/4337/4 + 600/4338/6)
|12 Sep - 16 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||0|
|14 Nov - 18 Nov 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||2|
About this course
Electrical personnel involved in initial and periodic inspecting and testing of electrical installations.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- This Award gives the learner an understanding of the theory and practice of Initial and periodic inspection, testing of both single and three phase electrical installations.
- Safe isolation procedures and equipment
- Requirements of Periodic and Initial and Inspection and testing
- Safe use of test equipment
- Completing Inspection & testing documentation
- Continuity of Protective Conductors
- Continuity of Ring final circuit conductors
- Insulation Resistance
- Protection by SELV
- Earth Electrode resistance
- Earth fault loop impedance
- RCD testing
- Prospective fault current
- Phase rotation
- Functional testing
- Verification of volt drop
- Course consist of both practical workshop and theoretical elements
• 90 minute Initial Verification online open book exam
• 60 minute Periodic Inspection & Testing online open book exam
• Practical excercises
- EAL Level 3 Award in Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (QCF) 600/4337/4
- EAL Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations (QCF0) 600/4338/6
• SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years experience in electrical plant and equipment Installations
• A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
• EAL approved Training Instructor
3/6, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
- Delegates must supply proof of relevant electrical industry qualification on starting the course, e.g. IET Electrical Regulations 17th / 18th edition (2381) vocational qualification/ time- served apprenticeship certificate.
- Delegates are required to supply and take with them their own PPE, e.g. overalls/safety footwear/safety glasses.
Notes to Customers
To set up a course specifically for your company or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Excellent and informative.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others