Sbt01: Assemble And Install Small Bore Tubing With Twin Ferrule Mechanical Grip Fittings
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
All persons who have responsibility for the installation or inspection of small bore pipe work and fittings.
For the individual the recognised training course, a successful technical test and associated ECITB certificate of
achievement indicates the possession of skill, ability and job knowledge in small bore tubing assemblies.
- SBT Systems overview
- Health and safety
- Use of engineering drawings
- Environmental and/or corrosion issues
- Tube and component identification
- Tube and component selection
- Tube and component storage and handling
- Tube and component installation and maintenance
- Tube and component assembly, disassembly, reassembly
- Common do's and don'ts
- Differences between taper and parallel threads and how to identify both
- Thread lubricants, sealants and tapes and how to use both correctly
- Tube cutting
- Tube de-burring
- Tube bending
- Practical exercises include:
- How to correctly identify fittings/components from different manufacturers including sizing, material etc.
- Twin ferrule mechanical grip fitting assembly, disassembly and reassembly.
- Rolled offset calculating, marking up, cutting, deburring and bending tube.
- Tube gain calculating, marking up, cutting, de-burring and bending tube.
- Installing a SBT run and associated components into existing SBT system and subjecting to quality control procedures
Classroom and workshop based.
ECITB Certificate of Training. Employers registered with ECITB, booking this ECITB accredited course may be eligible for ECITB funding support. Please contact your local ECITB account manager.
registered with ECITB, booking this ECITB accredited course may be eligible for ECITB funding support. Please contact your local ECITB account manager.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- SBT01 & SBT02 certification
- Trade qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
1/5. Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Delegates are required to provide the following:
- Their own PPE (coveralls, safety glasses & safety footwear)
North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Clinterty Campus Clinterty, Kinellar, Aberdeen AB21 0TZ.
Lecturer was very thorough throughout course. Enjoyed having the chance to improve original skills and learn from an experienced person
Quick Flange UK
Download Course Directory