Hazardous Areas: 5-day Compex Application Design Engineers Course Ex 12
|18 Nov - 22 Nov 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,459.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||6|
About this course
Electrical / instrumentation design, project and maintenance engineers.
Practical Content Theoretical Content 100%
To investigate the design, selection and erection requirements as specified in BS EN60079-14 (2014) Explosive
Atmospheres Part 14: Electrical installations design, selection and erection.
- Hazardous areas: characteristics of gases/vapours (IEC60079-20-1), characteristics of combustible dusts, ignition sources;
- Area classification: gases/vapours (IEC60079-10-1), combustible dusts (IEC60079-10-2);
- Directives & Regulations;
- IEC (EN) range of relevant standards;
- Types of explosion protection (electrical) Ex d, Ex e, Ex n, Ex p, Ex I, Ex m, Ex o, Ex q, Ex op, Ex s, Ex t and (non-electrical) Ex b, Ex c, Ex d, Ex fr, Ex k, Ex p;
- Selection & installation of equipment (IEC60079-14), IEC Equipment Protection Levels (EPL's) & ATEX Categories;
- Equipment marking;
- Ingress Protection;
- Documentation: EC Examination, Certificates and Declarations of Conformity, Datasheets, General arrangement, Electrical & Loop drawings, System Descriptive & Installation documents; Cables, cable glands and IS Cable calculation
Five multi-choice examination papers
PowerPoint presentation, equipment examples, videos, practice questionnaires.
CompEx National Certificate of Core Competence – valid for 5-years
JT Limited, the awarding body for CompEx, commit to 15 working days for certification on receipt of the paperwork from the ASET Centre. Therefore a delegate should receive their certification, by post, within 25 working days. ASET have no control over the certification timescales.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Vocational / trade and academic qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' experience in industry
- CompEx trainer / assessor licence and A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
2/6. Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers. Individual delegate finishing time will depend on the length of time taken for assessment.
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Candidates should have sufficient knowledge to assimilate the information presented.
Note to Clients
The course will consider the practises set out by the motor manufacturer
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Very happy with this course, it has brought up my level of understanding
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Download Course Directory