Compex Foundation Unit (exf)
|18 Jul - 19 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£500.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||5|
About this course
This course provides an overview of the requirements for working safely in areas where explosive atmospheres may be present. Designed specifically for Electrical supervisors, contract managers and senior management and non practitioners to enable a greater appreciation of the hazards associated with working in explosive atmospheres and the promotion of safe working practices.
To give an overview of the explosive risks and mitigation methods for explosion avoidance. Methods of explosion Protection.
Directives & Regulations:
- ATEX95, ATEX137, DSEAR, E@WR 1989, HASAWA1974
- a) Gases/vapours (BS EN60079-20-1) and
- b) Combustible dusts
- Sources of ignition;
- Explosion risk avoidance/mitigation strategies;
- Area classification: Gases & vapours (BS60079-10-1) Combustible dusts (BS EN60079-2
- Gas & Dust groups;
- Temperature classification;
- Explosion protection methods for gases/vapours & combustible dusts - electrical (BS EN60079) and non-electrical (BS EN13463);
- Equipment marking, ATEX Categories and EPL's;
- Inspection & maintenance to BS EN60079-17;
- Repair of equipment to BS EN60079-19;
- Permit-to-work and electrical isolation
- Multiple choice Exam
- Formative Questionnaire
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. Teaching aids include: Power point presentations, questionnaires, practical examples and demonstrations
CompEx National Certificate
JT Limited, the awarding body for CompEx, commit to 15 working days for certification on receipt of the paperwork from the ASET Centre. Therefore a delegate should receive their certification, by post, within 25 working days. ASET have no control over the certification timescales.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Further Education qualification and approved assessment/certification in electrical area practices.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of training
08.30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers. Individual delegate finishing time will depend on the length of time taken per assessment.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Lecturer was very thorough throughout course. Enjoyed having the chance to improve original skills and learn from an experienced person
Quick Flange UK
Download Course Directory