Hazardous Areas 3-day Compex Competence Based Course For Electrical Technicians Ex01- Ex02
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Personnel with an electrical background who are involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment for use in potentially hazardous areas both onshore and offshore.
Please note this course is NOT suitable for those with no practical electrical experience.
To train and prepare delegates for competence assessment to nationally set standards for the installation and inspection of explosion protected (electrical) equipment.
- General principles: flammable limits UEL/LEL, flashpoint, ignition temperature, relative density, area classification to BS EN60079-10-1, gas grouping, temperature classification & ingress protection.
- Standards, Certification and marking, EU Directives ATEX 95 & ATEX 137, Equipment Categories and EPL's.
- Flameproof EEx 'd' protection.
- Increased safety EEx 'e' protection.
- Type EEx 'n', 'nR', 'nA', 'nC' & 'nL' protection.
- Pressurisation EEx 'px', 'py' & 'pz' protection
- Other methods of protection, EEx 'o', EEx 'q',EEx 'ma', 'mb' & 'mc'
- Combined (hybrid) methods of protection.
- Selection & installation of equipment to BS EN60079-14 including wiring systems: cables, cable glands and cable gland accessories.
- Inspection and maintenance of equipment to BS EN 60079-17.
- Induction to competence validation testing
- Permit to work system and safe isolation.
- EX01 Preparation and installation of EEx 'd', 'e', 'n' and 'p' systems.
- EX02 Inspection and maintenance of EEx 'd' 'e' 'n' and 'p' systems.
- On-line multiple choice exam
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. Teaching aids include: Power point presentations, questionnaires, practical examples and demonstrations
CompEx National Certificate of Core Competence – valid for 5 years from date awarded. Refresher course to be undertaken prior to 5-year expiry date otherwise 5-day CompEx Course to be retaken.
Note: non-electrical personnel who complete the course will be issued with an CSNV CompEx Certificate.
JT Limited, the awarding body for CompEx, commit to 15 working days for certification on receipt of the paperwork from the ASET Centre. Therefore a delegate should receive their certification, by post, within 25 working days. ASET have no control over the certification timescales.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Industrial experience with electrical and instrumentation equipment in potentially hazardous areas and CompEx Trainer/Assessor licence
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers. Individual delegate finishing time will depend on the length of time taken for assessment.
Delegates are required to provide the following:
- Their own PPE (coveralls, safety glasses & safety footwear)
- Evidence of relevant vocational electrical or instrumentation qualifications on starting the course (e,g, Apprenticeship certificate, Level 3 NVQ/SVQ or ECS/SJIB card.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Very informative, well presented
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Download Course Directory