Explosion Protected Motors - Inspection & Maintenance
|18 Nov - 19 Nov 2021||08:30 - 16:30||£646.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||0|
About this course
Personnel involved in the inspection and maintenance of explosion protected electrical motors, and where practical competence in the dismantling, re-assembly and testing is required. Delegates should have previously attended hazardous areas courses because the principles of Explosion Protection for Ex’d’; Ex’e’; Ex’n’ or N and Ex’p’ will be presented as a refresher.
Key Learning Outcomes:
• Awareness and practical competence in the dismantling, re-assembly and testing of explosion protected electrical motors.
• Awareness in the inspection and maintenance of explosion protected electrical motors.
• Understanding Protection concepts for Ex’d’; Ex’e’; Ex’n’ or N and Ex’p’ types of protection
• Properties of flammable materials. Gas and apparatus grouping. Area and temperature classification. Ingress protection. Standards, Certification and label reading. Principles of Flameproof Ex’d’; Increased Safety Ex’e’; Non-Incendive ExN’n’ or N, Ex’p’ protection.
• Non-Incendive (Non-Sparking) Ex’n’ or N Motors:
• Constructional features. Relevant British Standards and Codes of Practice
• Ex’de’ Motors:
• Constructional features of such motors and terminal arrangements. Relevant Standards and Codes of Practice. Applications. Consideration of the repair techniques permitted for Explosion Protected Motors
• Flameproof Ex’d’ Motors:
• Construction, Standards and Codes of Practice. Dismantling and inspection. Measurement of flamepaths. Bearing removal and fitting. Winding, cleaning and drying. Terminal marking. Electrical testing. Thermistors, RTD’s. Anti-condensation heaters.
• Flamepaths. Reassembly. Drive pulleys, pinions and couplings. Thermal overload devices and test running
• Increased Safety Ex’e’ Motors:
• Constructional features, specifically for the elimination of arcs/sparks and excessive surface temperatures. Standards and Codes of Practice. Limitations of use. Selection of overload devices with regard to tE time and Ia/In current ratios
Each delegate will undertake an open book multiple-choice examination paper to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above.
City & Guilds 9841 Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience:
• SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years experience in electrical plant and equipment Installations
• A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
• City & Guilds approved Training Instructor
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event:
2/8, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Note to Clients:
The course will consider the practices set out by the motor manufacturer. To set up a course specifically for your company or if the dates above are not suitable please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent and informative.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.