Flange Make Up & Bolting For Integrity: City & Guilds Scqf Level 6
|15 Jul - 17 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£773.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||7|
|23 Sep - 25 Sep 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£773.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
About this course
Engineers and technicians from a non-mechanical discipline requiring multi-skill or refresher training, mechanical engineers and technicians wishing to refresh or enhance existing skills in a practical yet non-production environment.
To provide knowledge of the correct procedures for assembling the types of pipe flange connections found in the oil & gas processing industry, selection and use of the correct materials for gaskets & bolting, the methods of controlled bolting using a variety of torque & tensioning tools/equipment, and to assess delegates competence in practically applying these procedures.
- Introduction to flanged joints, focusing on the petrochemical industry. Types of flange, materials, sizes and pressure/temperature rating to BS1560-3.1/ ANSI B16.5 standards
- Gasket types, applications, materials selection & identification, installation procedures and requirements
- HSE & Industry initiatives toward hydrocarbon leak reduction and staff training & competence
- Piping classification methods and maintaining systems to design standard by correct material selection
- Flange inspection, defect identification and rejection criteria, repair methods
- Flange make up procedures, bolt tensioning methods, control and management, using hand spanners, torque wrenches, hydraulic torque and tensioning equipment.
- Calculation of hydraulic pressures required to achieve desired bolt tension.
- Use of standards prepared by industry lead bodies.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment.
City & Guilds SCQF level 6 Certificate
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Trade qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Clinterty Campus Clinterty, Kinellar, Aberdeen AB21 0TZ.
Good course well presented
Aker Offshore Partner
Download Course Directory