Flange Make Up & Bolting For Integrity: Scqf Level 6
|03 Oct - 05 Oct 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£796.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||0|
About this course
This course is a Credit Rated and Levelled course which leads to a formal qualification upon completion.
The course is recognised within the SCQF framework and contributes to an individual’s Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Mechanical Engineers and Technicians requiring to gain a competent level in flange make up and bolting for integrity.
Key Learning Outcomes
· Understand safe working practices in relation to Flange Make up and Bolting for integrity.
· Demonstrate the ability to prepare area for work.
· Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the removal, replacement and testing of components within a mechanical plant.
· Understand the basic principles of flange make up and bolting for integrity.
· Interpret the health and safety requirements related to Flange make up and bolting for integrity.
· Introduction to flanged joints, focusing on the oil & gas and engineering industries. Types of flange, materials, sizes and pressure/temperature rating to BS1560-3.1/ ANSI B16.5 standards
· Gasket types, applications, materials selection & identification, installation procedures and requirements
· HSE & Industry initiatives toward hydrocarbon leak reduction and staff training & competence
· Piping classification methods and maintaining systems to design standard by correct material selection
· Flange inspection, defect identification and rejection criteria, repair methods
· Flange make up procedures, bolt tensioning methods, control and management, using hand spanners, torque wrenches, hydraulic torque and tensioning equipment
· Calculation of hydraulic pressures required to achieve desired bolt tension
· Use of standards prepared by industry lead bodies.
Each delegate will undertake an open book multiple-choice examination paper to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above.
SCQF Credit Rated & Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
· SVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
· A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
· ASET approved Training Instructor
2/12, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Notes to Customers
To set up a course specifically for your company, or if the dates above are not suitable, please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent and informative.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot