Valve Maintenance & Valve Pressure Testing: Scqf Level 6
|28 Feb - 02 Mar 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£623.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||6|
|23 May - 25 May 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£623.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||6|
|11 Jul - 13 Jul 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£623.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||6|
|19 Sep - 21 Sep 2022||08:30 - 16:30||£623.00 + VAT||Clinterty Centre||6|
About this course
This course is a Credit Rated and Levelled course which leads to a formal qualification upon completion. The course is recognised within the SCQF framework and contributes to an individual’s Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Engineers and Technicians from a non-mechanical discipline requiring to gain an understanding and know-how in relation to the fundamentals of carrying out valve maintenance and valve pressure testing. Mechanical Engineers and Technicians wishing to refresh or enhance their existing skills on valve maintenance and valve pressure testing.
Key Learning Outcomes
· Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of safe working.
· Illustrate a knowledge and understanding of the preparation, components and condition of valves, their maintenance, replacement and testing within a mechanical plant.
· Ability to interpret the Health and Safety issues related to valve maintenance and testing.
· Gain an understanding of the types and principles of valves.
· Introduction to various common types of valve used in oil & gas industry, typical construction · Applications, valve pressure rating and flange classes · Valve repair & servicing in the field and its practical limitations · Pressure testing requirements for valves. Hydrostatic & pneumatic testing procedures and current standards. Body leak and seat leakage test procedures to current national standards. Acceptance criteria for leak tests. (Delegates own company standards may be introduced here if provided) · Hazards involved in valve pressure testing and associated risk reduction measures · Practical valve overhaul & test of a selection from the following valves; ball, gate, globe, diaphragm
· Introduction to various common types of valve used in oil & gas industry, typical construction
· Applications, valve pressure rating and flange classes
· Valve repair & servicing in the field and its practical limitations
· Pressure testing requirements for valves. Hydrostatic & pneumatic testing procedures and current standards. Body leak and seat leakage test procedures to current national standards. Acceptance criteria for leak tests. (Delegates own company standards may be introduced here if provided)
· Hazards involved in valve pressure testing and associated risk reduction measures
· Practical valve overhaul & test of a selection from the following valves; ball, gate, globe, diaphragm
Each delegate will undertake an open book multiple-choice examination paper to demonstrate they have achieved the key learning outcomes detailed above.
SCQF Credit Rated & Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
· SVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
· A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
· ASET approved Training Instructor
3/8, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Notes to Customers
To set up a course specifically for your company, or if the dates above are not suitable, please contact the ASET Customer Service Team for additional dates.
Well structured. Excellent feedback and advice from the assessor.
Chrysaor E & P Services UK
Excellent materials provided, delivery of content excellent – clear and concise.
Course was very good. Would recommend to others
Toby has a wealth of knowledge and experience on the subject of DP. He delivers the course very well.
Very well explained and detailed course, learnt a lot.
Stork Technical Services
Excellent set up and scenarios. Very experienced Instructors.
Very good course – lots of practical work.
Excellent course, right duration and opportunity for hands on switching exposure.
Course was organised very well. Tutors were very knowledgeable and helpful.
A well run course with the mix of theory and practical. Totally met my expectations. Facilities was very good with plenty of equipment & tools.
Course well-presented / managed with COVID restrictions in place.
TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent and informative.
Great coaching from the Instructor who guided me well and shared experiences.
The course instructor was highly knowledgeable, described all methods of the course in a very easy way to understand. Overall excellent.
Excellent course and well instructed. Facilities on campus are excellent.
Excellent course, well presented by the Instructor. Course certainly makes you think (which is good).
Instructor very experienced and knowledgeable. Good set up in Switch room/training area.
Good course produced, great setup of facilities and the instructor was very knowledgeable of all tests received.
“Highly professional course, very helpful instructors who have delivered substantial relevant knowledge within the scope of all discussed issues/topics and were always there to answer any questions and clarify any uncertainties. I will definitely recommend this course and ASET Training Academy to all my friends and also will be very happy to refresh the course in five years time.
Excellent course which was both interesting and essential to my offshore role, would definitely recommend.
The changes to this course very welcome. Ian has time to explain best practice and even corrected a few bad habits he noticed. Very happy this is probably the best course associated with my job.
Instructor was a subject matter expert and a fountain of knowledge.
Excellent course – by far the best I have been on. Good mix of practical and theory. Instructor very knowledgeable and good training method.
A very competent and experienced team. Assessor was first class and his previous experience was very clear. I will recommend ASET to my team and my company for OIM Assessment.
The course was excellent in delivery and content and I will recommend others for the course.
Good well instructed course. Team were excellent and made me fully at ease.
John James Penman
The plant area is an excellent training area. Useful for training in a safe and clean environment.
arine “Very good interaction with the class by lecturer. Toby is knowledgeable, experienced and informative individual. His teaching techniques and approach to the subject are clear and precise. Toby has the ability to share the knowledge, technical and practical experience at its best to the students. I will look forward to participating in DP courses in the future.
Course was very well presented. All tutors were very helpful and friendly.
NG Bailey Limited
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and feel I have learnt a lot
Good course and made very enjoyable through the amount of hands on experience we got.
Instructors were excellent from start to end. Course was enjoyable – would recommend.
Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the way it was ran. Plenty of opportunities to work as a team and experience the new simulator.
Found this course very beneficial and I feel I will benefit from the knowledge gained from the instructor on this course in my workplace. Would definitely recommend to others.
Macduff Shellfish Ltd
Very enjoyable course. Learnt and refreshed a lot of knowledge. Ian explains things very well and makes it easy to understand.
KCA Deutag Drilling
Steve was very helpful, knows what he is talking about and communicates it well. Very good practical side to the course.
MJ HVAC ltd