Valve Maintenance & Valve Pressure Testing: City & Guilds Scqf Level 6
|04 Mar - 06 Mar 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£605.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
|27 May - 29 May 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£605.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
|15 Jul - 17 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£605.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
|23 Sep - 25 Sep 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£605.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
About this course
Engineers and technicians from a non-mechanical discipline requiring multi-skill or refresher training, mechanical engineers and technicians wishing to refresh or enhance existing skills in a practical yet non-production environment. Also semi-skilled or unskilled plant operators wishing to develop maintenance skills.
To provide delegates with a working knowledge of the types of valves used in the oil/gas industry and their maintenance, repair and testing methods & procedures. This includes safety relief valves where the client company procedures and standards can be introduced if required (block bookings only).
- Introduction to various common types of valve used in oil & gas industry, typical construction, applications, valve pressure rating and flange classes
- Valve repair & servicing in the field and its practical limitations
- Pressure testing requirements for valves. Hydrostatic & pneumatic testing procedures and current standards. Body leak and seat leakage test procedures to current national standards. Acceptance criteria for leak tests. (Delegates own company standards may be introduced here if provided)
- Hazards involved in valve pressure testing and associated risk reduction measures
- Practical valve overhaul & test of a selection from the following valves; ball, gate, globe, diaphragm.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment.
City & Guilds SCQF Level 6 Certificate
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Trade qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Clinterty Campus Clinterty, Kinellar, Aberdeen AB21 0TZ.
Excellent facilities, excellent support from ASET team, would recommend ASET without hesitation
Talisman Energy (UK)
Download Course Directory