Dynamic Positioning Induction/basic
|01 Jul - 04 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||5|
|22 Jul - 25 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
|12 Aug - 15 Aug 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
|02 Sep - 05 Sep 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
|23 Sep - 26 Sep 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
|21 Oct - 24 Oct 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
|11 Nov - 14 Nov 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
|02 Dec - 05 Dec 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£1,304.00 + VAT||North East Scotland College||6|
About this course
Personnel intending to become DP Operators
'As from 1st January 2012, The Nautical Institute implemented the following criteria for entry onto the DP Operators Training Scheme:
- The Minimum qualification will be set as STCW Regulation II/1 - II/2 - II/3 Deck and Regulation III/1 – III /2 – III/3 Engine.
- Alternative appropriate marine vocational qualifications will be considered on a 'case by case' basis
- Prospective DPO's, who are in the process of training for an STCW certificate can start the DP scheme and complete all the elements, but cannot, apply for the DP certificate until they hold an appropriate STCW certificate.
- Prospective DPO's, not meeting the above requirements will be able to apply for certification, if they commenced training prior to the implementation date and all elements have been completed within a 5 year period at the time of application.
- Following implementation all existing DPO certification will be honoured and remain valid. '
Course Length (Days)
To provide introductory training in the theory and practice of Dynamic Positioning that meets the needs of the marine and offshore industries and is accredited by the Nautical Institute Training Scheme.
- Definitions and principles of DP
- Types and configuration of thruster units
- Position reference systems
- Computer operation
- Concept of redundancy
- Power management systems
- Simulated exercises
- Limitations of position reference systems
- DP case studies involving problems
- UTM co-ordinates
- DP checklists
- Operational capability graphs
- Diving practices
- Problems associated with diving/DP operations
- Assessment - N.I Online Exam.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. This course uses high fidelity simulation using the very latest Konsberg K-Sim DP NI Class B simulator which features 360 panoramic view and interactive simulation meeting the very latest Nautical Institute standards
ASET Certificate recognised and approved by the Nautical Institute as leading towards the internationally recognised Nautical Institute DP Operators Certificate.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Class 1 (Master Mariner) or Class 2 meeting the required standard set by the Nautical Institute.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
N.I Training Scheme Transition
Period between the old and new training schemes. The old scheme and its policies will remain valid for those who started training prior to 1st Jan 2015. All trainee DPOs who started the training scheme before Jan 2015 will have their training assessed on the old DP scheme rules.
Trainee DPOs who start the training scheme from 1st January 2015 (IE induction course) will carry on training under the criteria and conditions set up for the new training scheme
Times of Training
08:00 - 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
North East Scotland College, Aberdeen City Campus Gallowgate, Aberdeen AB25 1BN.
Very informative, well presented
Wood Group PSN Ltd
Download Course Directory