Hazardous Areas 3-day Compex Competence Based Course Electrical & Instrumentation Equipment In Explosive Dust Atmospheres
|13 May - 15 May 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£689.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||4|
|15 Jul - 17 Jul 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£689.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||4|
|16 Sep - 18 Sep 2019||08:30 - 16:30||£689.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||4|
About this course
Electrical/Instrument technicians employed in the pharmaceutical, food manufacturing, grain handling industries etc who are involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical/instrumentation equipment where combustible dusts are present.
The competence assessment and certification of delegates to nationally recognised standards.
- Relevant standards for selection, installation and inspection;
- Ignition temperature of combustible dust clouds;
- Ignition temperature of combustible dust layers;
- Combustible dust groups IIIA, IIIB, IIIC;
- Area classification - zone 20, 21 & 22 – to BS EN60079-10-2;
- Recommended representations for combustible dust area classification diagrams;
- Equipment protection types for use in combustible dusts: types Ex tD, iD, mD & pD;
- Equipment protection levels (EPL's);
- Equipment marking;
- Practices 'A' and 'B' for the selection of equipment;
- Minimum requirements for ingress protection;
- Consideration of equipment for use in combustible dust layers in excess of 5mm & 50mm;
- Selection and installation of equipment to BS EN60079-14 including wiring systems cable glands & cable gland accessories;
- Optical radiation limits and ultrasonic power density limits for devices in combustible dust atmospheres;
- Inspection of equipment to BS EN60079-17.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. Teaching aids include: Power point presentations, questionnaires, practical examples and demonstrations
CompEx National Certificate of Core Competence, valid for 5-years from date awarded.
Note: non-electrical/instrumentation personnel who complete the course are issued with an CSNV CompEx Certificate.
JT Limited, the awarding body for CompEx, commit to 15 working days for certification on receipt of the paperwork from the ASET Centre. Therefore a delegate should receive their certification, by post, within 25 working days. ASET have no control over the certification timescales.
Before attending this course candidates should have successfully completed one of the following:
- Prior attendance of the CompEx 5-day Course (EX01, EX02, EX03 & EXO4); or
- Prior attendance of the CompEx 3-day Course (EX01 & EX02).
Delegates are required to provide the following:
- Their own PPE (coveralls, safety glasses & safety footwear)
- Evidence of relevant vocational qualifications, either electrical or instrumentation, on starting the course (e,g, Apprenticeship certificate, Level 3 NVQ/SVQ or ECS/SJIB card.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Industrial experience with electrical and instrumentation equipment in combustible dust atmospheres and CompEx Trainer/Assessor Licence.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
The lecturer was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful with the course content as well as providing lots of good information above and beyond the requirements which gave me an insight into the world of DP
Gulfmark UK Ltd
Download Course Directory