WHO ARE WE?
Aberdeen Skills and Enterprise Training Ltd (ASET) trading as ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy is a wholly-owned subsidiary company of North East Scotland College, formerly Aberdeen College.
Aberdeen Skills & Enterprise Training was incorporated as a Private Limited Company and registered at Companies House in April 1993.
ASET - Skills training that works for the Upstream and Downstream Oil and Gas Industries.
TRAINING & ASSESSMENT
ASET TRAIN AND ASSESS FROM VARIOUS STAGES TO JOB READY:
- Upstream and Downstream Oil & Gas Production and Maintenance Technicians
- New entrants
- Industry Apprentices
- Semi-experienced Technicians
- Experienced Technicians
- Senior Management including Offshore Installation Manager and Control Room Operator
- Dynamic Positioning Operators
- Semi-Submersible and Jack-Up Rig Operational Personnel
RANGE OF TRAINING PROVISION
- Oil & Gas Production and Maintenance Technician training
- Electrical and Ex training
- Emergency Response training
- Marine & Radiotelephony training
- Health & Safety training
- Assessor and Verifier Qualifications
- Upstream Oil and Gas Industry Technician Modern Apprenticeship Training Scheme
- ASET Short Technical Courses (over 70 courses available)
- Overseas Company and government sponsored Oil and Gas Technician training programmes (typically 26 weeks or more duration)
- Customized and tailored Oil and Gas Technician courses to meet specific client needs
City & Guilds Credit Rated and Levelled Courses
ASET’s exclusive range of City & Guilds credit rated and levelled Oil and Gas short courses allow delegates attending these courses the opportunity to demonstrate their ongoing professional development. This exclusive range of courses are not only recognised within the SCQF framework but also provide the building blocks to enhance existing qualifications and provide a road map to further modes of study.
The advantages of having a qualification placed in the SCQF are that learners, employers, receiving institutions, awarding bodies, Sector Skills Councils and standard setting organisations (SSOs) etc can see the level of skills being developed by the learner or employee and how the qualification relates to other qualifications and learning programmes in Scotland and other credit frameworks in the United Kingdom and Europe. It can also help when selecting relevant training options and identifying development paths and progression routes.
The SCQF uses two measures to describe qualifications and learning programmes: ‘level’ and ‘credit’. The term ‘credit rating’ encompasses both the allocation of SCQF level and the calculation of SCQF credit points. Qualifications can be added to the SCQF provided they meet the following criteria from the SCQF Partnership:
- They must be outcome-based, ie must contain statements of knowledge, skills, values or competence that are capable of being measured at the end of a process of learning (based on learning outcomes)
- They should be capable of being assessed, ie there must be a robust, effective system of assessing that the outcomes have been achieved (These outcomes must be recorded.)
- They are subject to external quality assurance, ie must have a documented process of external quality assurance for the assessment of the learning outcomes
- They must consist of a minimum of 10 hours of notional learning time.
City & Guilds Exclusive 9841 Competence Based Short Course Portfolio
All ASET courses are based on competence based training and assessment. Courses are designed to ensure delegates gain knowledge, know-how and understanding as well as practical skills during the course guaranteeing, employers that learning and skills are directly related to the work environment and job roles within their organization. Courses are governed and verified through our exclusive City & Guilds 9841 quality assurance management and certification.
ECITB Technical Tests
ASET offer a range of ECITB Technical Tests for Onshore and Offshore personnel involved in installation, maintenance and inspection of Instrumentation, Electrical & Mechanical technology and Equipment.
Here’s How Technical Tests Work:
The first part of a Technical Test examines the individual’s specific job knowledge. Only once that has been successfully concluded, can the practical taskbased part of the test go ahead. This focuses not merely on the technical skill being tested, but on the ability to apply that skill safely and efficiently in the operational environment. The outcome of both parts proves whether the candidate’s current skills and knowledge are up to the job in question.
Technical Tests – The Five Stage Process
An examiner (occupationally competent and specifically trained) enrols the candidate at the ASET ECITB - approved Test Centre to do a specific, named test (or tests) eg ‘Mechanical Joint Integrity - TMJI10 Dismantle, Assemble and Hand Torque Flanged Joints (Dismantle, inspect, prepare, assemble and secure flanged pipework joint)’.
On the day, responding to randomly generated, multiple-choice, online questioning, the candidate’s knowledge of this area of work is rapidly and efficiently tested. Depending on the results they either pass on to the Practical Test, or are referred for training.
Candidates undertake a highly specified practical assessment in prescribed stages, under observation. Each part of the task must be completed to the required standard. From tools to timing, from process to protective equipment, the Technical Test allows no room for error.
Constructive feedback from the examiner to the candidate is an important part of the Technical Test process.
If successful against the specified criteria ASET will issue an ECITB Certificate of Achievement, validating for three years the candidates knowledge, skill and ability to perform the task in question.
Range of Technical Tests
- Electrical Installation – Technical Tests
- Electrical Maintenance – Technical Tests
- Instrument & Control – Technical Tests
- Mechanical Fitting – Technical Tests
- Mechanical Maintenance – Technical Tests
- MJI – Technical Tests
- Small Bore Tubing Technical Tests.
How to book?
To discuss or book Technical Trade Tests please contact us either by email or telephone and we can arrange Technical Tests at a mutually convenient time for your organisation and ASET.
T: +44 (0) 300 330 5559
TRAINING THAT WORKS
ASET’s vocational training is highly specialized delivered by ex Offshore and Onshore Oil and Gas qualified and experienced training personnel on a live replicated Oil and Gas Production Training Platform – reality without risk and ASET’s main “USP”.
No other UK College, University or Training Provider can provide the same level of in depth and relevant work related training and assessment for Oil and Gas Technicians that both replicates the actual workplace and prepares for, or transfers to the workplace.
REALITY WITHOUT THE RISK
ASET’s International Oil & Gas Training Academy hosts a range of market leading technology, equipment and workshops all set up in industrial settings to replicate the actual workplace. This includes the fully functional ABCOL Oil & Gas Production Training Platform and Delta V Control System; most up-to-date HV/LV switchgear; Hazardous Area Ex Centre; Emergency Response Training Department; Marine Operations, Dynamic Positioning and Semi Submersible and Jack-Up Training Simulator – ensuring that delegates are trained and develop new skills in a realistic but safe environment. ‘Reality without the risk’.
HOW THE INDUSTRY VIEW US
- The highest accolade the Queen’s Anniversary Prize on two occasions (Aberdeen College)
- The SQA International Centre of the Year Silver Award and Gold Award
- The Offshore Achievement Award for Internationalisation of Scottish Skills in 2009 – Winner
- SQA International Business of the Year – Highly Commended 2012
- Offshore Achievement Awards Export – Finalist 2012
- Aberdeen Chambers Northern Business Star Awards Achievement in International Business – Commended 2012
- Aberdeen Chambers Northern Business Star Awards Best Campaign of the Year – Finalist 2013
- SQA International Business of the Year Award 2013 – Winner
- Scottish Offshore Achievements Awards – “Great Small Company of the Year Finalist 2015”
VIDEO TOUR OF FACILITIES
Course very informative, Lecturer knowledgeable and professional with effective means of imparting knowledge
Health and Safety Executive
Download Course Directory