Minimum Industry Safety Training Standard (mist) 5301
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
This course is designed to introduce new starts to the fundamental safety elements of the offshore oil & gas industry. This course should give an appreciation of the potential hazards and controls that might be encountered by personnel offshore. The OPITO Offshore Oil & Gas Industry 'Minimum Industry Safety Training' (MIST) is highly recommended for all inexperienced employees.
Course Length (Days)
To ensure that all personnel have the necessary basic skills training and safety awareness to recognise and avoid risk. This course has been developed to introduce key safety elements applicable to all workers offshore.
- Introduction to the Hazardous Offshore Environment
- Working Safely including Safety Observation Systems
- Understanding the Risk Assessment Process
- Tasks that require Permit to Work
- Personal responsibility in maintaining Asset Integrity
- Using Manual Handling Techniques every day
- Controlling the use of Hazardous Substances offshore
- Knowledge and practices of Working at Height
- Being aware of Mechanical Lifting activities.
Classroom & practical exercises.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Experience in industry.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy, Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Delegates are required to supply a photo ID on starting the course.
Really good course which was greatly delivered
A W Training Services
Download Course Directory