Practical Diesel Engine Overhaul
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
- To familiarise delegates with the construction and operating principles of diesel engines
- To provide delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to dismantle, inspect parts, check dimensions and clearances, rebuild and performance test diesel engines
- To introduce delegates to the fault finding principles applicable to diesel engines and their ancillary systems.
Note: The engine used is the Perkins 4236.
- Prepare for and carry out a full diesel engine strip down, maintaining correct orientation of parts
- Take appropriate measures to protect and preserve fine tolerance machined components
- Use safe and appropriate dismantling methods and aids
- Check wear dimensions, fits and running clearances on crankshaft bearings, pistons, cylinder liners etc. and choose appropriate remedial actions when these are out of tolerance
- Perform non destructive examination of components using dye penetrant, magnetic particle and visual inspection techniques
- Rebuild the diesel engine applying bolt torques, setting clearances and following assembly procedures as prescribed in the makers manual
- Test, overhaul and adjust fuel injectors
- Install all ancillary components and carry out compression test, coolant system leak test, set fuel pump timing & bleed fuel lines
- Start, run and test a diesel engine, fault finding and resolving starting and running problems
Times of Training
09:00 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Good course with very knowledgeable instructors
Download Course Directory