Hydraulic Engineering Failure Analysis And Troubleshooting
|21 Aug - 23 Aug 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£780.00 + VAT||Clinterty||8|
|27 Nov - 29 Nov 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£780.00 + VAT||Clinterty||8|
About this course
This course is prepared for technicians/engineers who have a basic understanding of hydraulic engineering.
Practical Content 50% Theoretical Content 50%
To provide delegates with a basic understanding of hydraulic engineering. It is suitable for those who have completed the Hydraulic Engineering Fundamentals course. The course builds on the previous course and introduces delegates to failure analysis of pumps and valves, working with hydraulic systems, logical troubleshooting and open loop proportional hydraulic control systems. The course includes workshop based training each day to reinforce the classroom based training.
• Knowledge of hydraulic fluids, properties and safe handling.
• The need for pro-active maintenance and what to monitor.
• Different types of hydraulic pump, how they work and failure analysis.
• Different types of valve and actuator, how they work and failure analysis.
• The application of hose assemblies, where and why they are used and failure analysis.
• Understanding of 700 Bar hydraulics, explanation and associated safety considerations.
• Open loop proportional control.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Introduction to Festo SIM5 software.
Classroom and workshop based.
City & Guilds SCQF Credit Rated & Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
• 5 years offshore experience in production operations and maintenance
• Presentation skills
• A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
3/8, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
All delegates must have completed the Hydraulic Engineering Fundamentals course.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Notes to Client
To set up a course specifically for your company or if the dates above are not suitable please contact us for additional dates.
Good course well presented
Aker Offshore Partner
Download Course Directory