Stcw High Voltage Training A-iii/1 (operational Level) Mca Approved
|06 Oct 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£245.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
|15 Dec 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£245.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
About this course
Maritime engineering personnel responsible for the part operation of power distribution networks on board vessels as required by the MNTB.
Practical Content 50% Theoretical Content 50%
This Maritime & Coastguard Agency approved course gives seafarers the essential education and training in high voltage installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW 2010 Table A-III/1 for electrical, electronic and control engineering at the operational level.
• Safety Regulations HSAW. EAWR
• Maritime Legislation including Code of Safe Working Practice
• Safety Documentation including Permit to work
• Authorisation levels
• High Voltage Isolations and Earthing applications
• Generators operation, Synchronisations and Load Distribution
• Practical use of Relays to set up Discrimination Schemes
• Written Question Paper Assessment.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. This course is delivered using a distribution simulator.
MCA Approved training Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
• 5 years' experience in electrical plant operations
• Qualified to Authorised Electrical Person status
• Presentation skills
• A1 Workplace Assessor.
4/8, course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
Excellent Instructor, thank you!
NIIT Limited UK
Download Course Directory