Ex14 Responsible Person
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
The course is aimed at those individuals in a senior supervisory / responsible role, i.e. those persons, directly responsible for the management of staff, processes and procedures relating to explosive atmosphere, in particular E,C&I equipment, protective systems and installations.
This is NOT a practitioners course and is therefore not normally suited for technicians.
To ensure that Responsible Persons and Technical persons with executive function as defined in IEC 60079-14 and or 60079-17 have the knowledge, skills and competencies to enable them to meet the requirements of these IEC standards and relevant directives.
• Appropriate Legal Requirements
• Legislation Overview
• ATEX137 / DSEAR overview
• DSEAR reg 7
• DSEAR ACOP / ATEX 137 Guidance
• Appropriate Framework
• Standards Overview
• Case studies e.g Piper Alpha & Buncefield
• Requirements of 60079-14 Annex A (knowledge skills & competencies)
• Requirements of 60079-17 Annex B
(knowledge skills & competencies)
• Practical understanding of explosion protection principles and techniques
• Working knowledge and understanding of relevant standards in explosion protection such as IEC PARTS 10-1,:10-2, 14, 17.
• Safe working procedures for explosive atmospheres – ref Annex B OF 60079-14
• Sources of ignition EN 1127-1
• Inspection and Remedial Action Strategy
• Qualitative Analysis for periodic inspections as detailed in Annex A OF 60079-17
• Simple quantitative methodology for the prioritisation of remedial actions
• Competency criteria and assessment based on the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
• EC&I Delivery Guide –HSE
• Overview of IEC 60079-19 –Repair and IECEx Service Facilities
The majority of the course is Theory based but there is a practical element on the second examination.
Bibby Ship Management (Western Europe) Ltd
Download Course Directory