Atex Directives & Ce Marking Guidance
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Personnel involved in manufacturing, assembly, supply and the use of equipment for applications in hazardous areas. Suitable for project engineers, on-site installers and Health & Safety personnel, who require an understanding of the Directives.
Practical Content 0% Theoretical Content 100%
This course is designed to advise on the current requirements of the ATEX Directives, CE Marking, and the supporting documentation for electrical and non-electrical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres. The course will provide an understanding of the compilation of technical files, certification and labelling of equipment.
• S.I. No. 192 and DSEAR S.I. No. 2776 where applicable:
• Products within scope
• Zones of use, equipment groups, conformity categories
• Designation of notified bodies
• Documents issued by notified body and manufacturer
• EC-type examination and declaration of conformity
• Internal control of production
• Essential health and safety requirements
• Ignition risk assessment
• Applicable harmonised standards
• Structure of the technical files
• CE marking of equipment and other references
• Reference to Quality Assurance
• Written Assessment.
City & Guilds SCQF Credit Rated and Levelled Certificate.
Required Instructor Qualification/Experience
Industrial experience with electrical and instrumentation equipment in potentially hazardous areas and CompEx Trainer/Assessor License.
Lecturer was very thorough throughout course. Enjoyed having the chance to improve original skills and learn from an experienced person
Quick Flange UK
Download Course Directory