Working At Heights Awareness
|02 Feb 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£248.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
|27 Apr 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£248.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
|29 Jun 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£248.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
|31 Aug 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£248.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
About this course
Personnel who are required to carry out work at height in the workplace.
Practical Content 50% Theoretical Content 50%
This course will train delegates in the correct procedures to be followed when working at height, including the relevant statutory requirements, hazards of working at height and equipment used when working at heights. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
• Aware of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and other relevant regulations
• Familiar with the requirements of the regulations and how they affect them and their organisation
• Aware of different types of work carried out at height and the possible hazards and risks involved
• Aware of the importance of organising a planning prior to starting work at height
• Aware of the safe systems of work procedures required to carry out work at height
• Familiar with the correct types of PPE and equipment used when working at height and how to inspect them
• Familiar with control procedures to reduce the hazards of working at height, including different types of fall protection systems Aware of the different types of working platforms that can be used for work at height including MEWP's and scaffold towers
• Aware of different types of ladders and their safe use for work at height
• Proficient to ascend and descend ladders safely using relevant equipment
• Aware of suspension syncope, how to avoid it and how to deal with a person suffering from the effects
• Proficient in the use of various work at height equipment including harnesses, fall arrest and lanyards.
Delivery Classroom & practical.
Certification City & Guilds SCQF Credit Rated and Levelled certificate.
Min/Max Delegates 2/10.
Notes to Client The course involves climbing ladders and using working at height equipment, therefore delegates should be physically fit to carry out these tasks.
Very informative and well taught
Petrofac Training Ltd
Download Course Directory