Hazardous Areas: 5-day Compex Application Design Engineers Course Ex 12
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
Electrical / instrumentation design, project and maintenance engineers.
Practical Content Theoretical Content 100%
To investigate the design, selection and erection requirements as specified in BS EN60079-14 (2014) Explosive
Atmospheres Part 14: Electrical installations design, selection and erection.
- Hazardous areas: characteristics of gases/vapours (IEC60079-20-1), characteristics of combustible dusts, ignition sources;
- Area classification: gases/vapours (IEC60079-10-1), combustible dusts (IEC60079-10-2);
- Directives & Regulations;
- IEC (EN) range of relevant standards;
- Types of explosion protection (electrical) Ex d, Ex e, Ex n, Ex p, Ex I, Ex m, Ex o, Ex q, Ex op, Ex s, Ex t and (non-electrical) Ex b, Ex c, Ex d, Ex fr, Ex k, Ex p;
- Selection & installation of equipment (IEC60079-14), IEC Equipment Protection Levels (EPL's) & ATEX Categories;
- Equipment marking;
- Ingress Protection;
- Documentation: EC Examination, Certificates and Declarations of Conformity, Datasheets, General arrangement, Electrical & Loop drawings, System Descriptive & Installation documents; Cables, cable glands and IS Cable calculation
Five multi-choice examination papers
PowerPoint presentation, equipment examples, videos, practice questionnaires.
CompEx National Certificate of Core Competence – valid for 5-years
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Vocational / trade and academic qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' experience in industry
- CompEx trainer / assessor licence and A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
2/6. Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers. Individual delegate finishing time will depend on the length of time taken for assessment.
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Candidates should have sufficient knowledge to assimilate the information presented.
Note to Clients
The course will consider the practises set out by the motor manufacturer
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Instructors were very knowledgeable and good training. Very good practical training
Download Course Directory