Compex 3 Day Mechanical Competence Based Course
|10 Jul - 12 Jul 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£675.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||4|
|14 Aug - 16 Aug 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£675.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||1|
|18 Sep - 20 Sep 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£675.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||0|
|04 Oct - 06 Oct 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£675.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||5|
|27 Nov - 29 Nov 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£675.00 + VAT||Altens Centre||0|
About this course
Mechanical Personnel/Practitioners involved in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of mechanical equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres both on and offshore.
Please note! This course is NOT suitable for those with no practical experience in mechanical disciplines.
To certify levels of competence to CompEx nationally set standards developed by the Engineering Equipment and Materials Users Association EEMUA and JTL the course certification body. Competency is based upon the IEC International Standards primarily IEC60079-10,14&17 ( BSEN 60079-10/14 & 17.)
- Health and Safety at Work
- ATEX Directives (ATEX 95 equipment) (ATEX 137 Workplace)
- Dangerous Substance & Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (D.S.E.A.R.)
- Permit to Work Systems
- Risk Assessment (ATEX compliant and pre-ATEX compliant)
- General principles, ignition properties & apparatus protection
- Standards Certification & Marking
- Area Classification (Zones/Categories & EPL's)
- Ex-Protection Methods (Gas & Dust)
- Temperature Classifications
- Inspection & Maintenance to BSEN 60079-17 (Mechanical & Electrical)
- Examples of potentially explosive hazards in workplaces both on/offshore
- Guidelines for determining Mechanical Risk
- Ingress Protection (Solids/Liquids)
- Static Electricity & Bonding Methods
- Mechanical Seals & Bearings
- Induction to Competence Validation Testing.
Multiple choice exam on foundation theory (0.75 hours allocated)
Multiple choice exam on mechanical theory (0.75 hours allocated)
Practical hands on inspection on mechanical pump/motor test rig (1.5 hours allocated).
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. Teaching aids include: Power point presentations, questionnaires, practical examples and demonstrations
CompEx National Certificate of core competence based upon the IEC International Standards (primarily BSEN 60079-10/14 &17).
The Scheme Certification Body JTL is now accredited by UKAS to ISO/IEC 17024:2003.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
Further Education qualification and approved assessment/certification in both electrical and mechanical hazardous are practices.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers. Individual delegate finishing time will depend on the length of time taken per assessment.
Delegates must supply proof of relevant mechanical industry qualification on starting the course, e.g. vocational qualification/ time-served apprenticeship certificate.
Delegates are required to supply and take with them their own PPE, e.g. overalls/safety footwear/safety glasses.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Great course especially the simulator. Good that the lecturer has past and ongoing practical experience
KCA Deutag Technical Support Ltd
Download Course Directory