Rotating Machinery Alignment Techniques: City & Guilds Scqf Level 6
|19 Mar - 21 Mar 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£0.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||9|
|23 Jul - 25 Jul 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£0.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||9|
|20 Aug - 22 Aug 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£0.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||8|
About this course
Engineers and technicians from a non-mechanical discipline requiring multi-skill or refresher training, mechanical engineers and technicians wishing to refresh or enhance existing skills in a practical yet non-production environment.
To provide knowledge of shaft drive coupling methods and the associated problems caused by misalignment conditions, how these problems are mitigated by design and reliably accurate alignment techniques. Delegates will obtain the necessary skills to carry out full alignment of a single driver/driven unit using reverse periphery (with dial indicators) and laser optic alignment techniques, making allowances for thermal & dynamic growth of casings.
- Introduction to various power transmission devices
- Use of dial test indicators to measure face & rim runout on drive hubs
- Definitions of misalignment conditions & how to accurately determine these using dial test indicators for 'face & periphery' and 'reverse alignment' techniques. Practical exercises concentrate on reverse alignment and calculation of shim requirements
- How to position offsets to allow for thermal & dynamic growth of machine casings
- Preparing alignment records & reports
- Alignment of machine shafts using modern laser alignment equipment, practical exercise
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment
City & Guilds SCQF level 6 Certificate
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Trade qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
North East Scotland College, Aberdeen Clinterty Campus Clinterty, Kinellar, Aberdeen AB21 0TZ.
Excellent Instructor, thank you!
NIIT Limited UK
Download Course Directory