Mechanical Plant Inspection: City & Guilds Scqf Level 6
|15 Mar - 16 Mar 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£593.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
|12 Jul - 13 Jul 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£593.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
|04 Oct - 05 Oct 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£593.00 + VAT||Clintery Centre||10|
About this course
This course is prepared for engineers and technicians with a mechanical engineering background in offshore mechanical maintenance, who are intending to take on integrity management responsibilities as part of their maintenance role, or as in-house inspection engineers. Also, persons managing production operations will benefit from this course.
The course provides an appreciation of the knowledge/topics required for certification (CSWIP level 1 and level 2 certification for plant inspector)
- Job definition, knowledge & skill requirements
- Levels of competence and certification of individuals and inspection bodies to BS EN 45004
- Duties & responsibilities of inspectors
- Description of types of plant included in the inspection scope and associated inspection requirements
- Statutory Regulations/Instruments, standards and codes relevant to inspection/integrity management
- Inspection techniques, aids and NDE methods
- Materials of construction, failure mechanisms, equipment fault modes
- Inspection & maintenance strategies, including Risk & Reliability Based models
- Pressure Vessel & Piping Inspection to API510 & API570, methodology, defect/damage assessment and recording/ reporting of data & anomalies
- Pressure testing methods, procedures, standards & codes and witnessing requirements
- Inspection & testing of valves, including relief valves to API527 & API576
- Performance standards & written schemes of examination for safety critical equipment/systems on offshore installations, PFEER,
- Safety Case Regulations, DCR & Verification written schemes and Pressure Systems Safety Regulations.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment.
City & Guilds SCQF Level 6 Certificate
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Trade qualifications
- Minimum 5 Years experience in industry
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy, Aberdeen Clinterty Campus, Kinellar, Aberdeen, AB21 0TZ
Good course with very knowledgeable instructors
Download Course Directory