Additional Oim Coaching- Controlling Emergencies: City And Guilds Scqf Level 7
Sorry, there are no dates scheduled for this course at the moment.
About this course
OIMs in post that wish to fulfil the requirements of the relevant sections of the OPITO Approved Standard (please see Note to Clients). This course provides OIMs in post with the opportunity to further hone their Emergency Management Skills with up-to- date techniques in an environment not available offshore. It also provides the ideal environment for OIMs to assemble, train and assess the skills and abilities of their existing Emergency Response Teams. It allows OIMs to assess the skills and abilities of future ERT members with particular emphasis on the theme of 'Team Building' and their interaction during emergencies.
Course Length (Days)
To provide OIMs with suitable emergency scenarios and exercises (in which they are not briefed as to their content) and be given feedback on their performance.
Classroom introduction to:
- Assessing the Situation & Taking Effective Action
- Maintain Communications
- Delegate Authority to Act
- Manage Individual & Team Performance
- Deal with Stress in Self & Others
- Constructive Feedback on Performance.
Classroom presentation and dynamic Control Room simulation.
City and Guilds 9841.
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- 5 years offshore or onshore experience in production operations as Installation Manager
- Presentation skills
- D32 or 'A' Unit (Workplace Assessor)
- Facilitator with a minimum of 3 years experience and holder of D32 or 'A' Unit
- D34 or V1 Internal Verifier or equivalent will be available on site.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
2/2 if OIM only and ASET provide skilled role players. 1/1 if OIM is accompanied by his/her offshore Emergency Response Team.
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy,
Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Emergency Response Team
Clients may choose one of the following:
- Provide support to the OIM Assessment using their own Emergency Response Team members
- Send nominated non Emergency Response Team members to support the OIM's Assessment (team building event)
- Use role players provided by ASET in the absence of 1 or 2 above.
Price per Delegate
Price dependent on individual course specification, please contact us for details.
Where there is an emergency team member certificate required for personnel involved in a Team Building Event an additional charge of £250 per person will be applicable.
Clients are asked to note that this course descriptor is an example of the training and coaching we can provide. Due to the nature of this type of training the course can be customized to your company/platform requirements. Please contact us for further information, see page 4 for contact details.
Course very informative, Lecturer knowledgeable and professional with effective means of imparting knowledge
Health and Safety Executive
Download Course Directory