City & Guilds Scqf Level 6: Introduction To Plcs In Oil And Gas Production
|28 Aug - 30 Aug 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£1,185.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||7|
|02 Oct - 04 Oct 2017||08:30 - 16:30||£1,185.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
About this course
Maintenance and Operations Technician/Engineers who are new to Programmable Logic Controllers utilized in ESD systems, Fire and Gas Systems and Process Control Systems.
To give a practical understanding of PLC systems and programming techniques as used in Oil and Gas Production.
- Converting schematic diagrams into ladder logic to enable effective programming
- Designing simple ladder logic diagrams for ESD and Process Control Functions, incorporating relays/coils, timers, counters, internal contacts, inputs and outputs
- Programming a PLC using a laptop/Notebook
- Designing programmes to operate ESD test rig for typical Oil/Gas Separator
- Level Control of a typical Knockout Drum
- Troubleshooting online with working PLC
- Using and Programming HMI Display Graphics.
Classroom and practical exercises on ESD Systems and Process Control.
City & Guilds SCQF Level 6 Certificate .
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Further Education Qualification A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
- 5 years offshore experience in production operations.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy, Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Good course with very knowledgeable instructors
Download Course Directory