Process Control Valves - Operation, Maintenance And Inspection: City & Guilds Scqf Level 6
|06 Jun - 08 Jun 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
|11 Jul - 13 Jul 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
|05 Sep - 07 Sep 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
|05 Dec - 07 Dec 2018||08:30 - 16:30||£788.00 + VAT||Altens Training Centre||8|
About this course
Technicians and Engineers, not necessarily with an Instrument background, who require an overview of Process Control Valve operation, maintenance and inspection.
To provide a good understanding and some practical experience of process control valves used in most onshore / offshore process
- Control Valve Theory:
- Design, construction and operating principles of typical, process control valves
- Pneumatic actuator function and design (sliding stem and rotary)
- Valve positioner theory and operation (includes calibration checks, split-range operation)
- Control Valve selection and basic sizing principles for valves and actuators
- Final written question paper.
- Strip-down, inspection and reassembly of sliding-stem, pneumatic, process control valves
- Includes safety requirements, bench-setting and valve positioner alignment / calibration including set-up for split-range operation
- Further field-checking of electro-pneumatic positioners and checks using Hart communicator -
- Familiarisation of control valve installation details on operational plant.
The majority of this course is practical hands on training delivered by fully qualified and experienced ex industry personnel using equipment replicated from the onshore and offshore oil and gas working environment. Teaching aids include :Typical operational process control valves/actuators, calibration and test equipment, live plant installation
City and Guilds SCQF Level 6 Certificate
Minimum Instructor Qualification/Experience
- Further Education Qualification,
- A1 or equivalent Workplace Assessor
- Minimum 5 years experience in production operations.
Min/Max Number of Delegates Required per Event
Times of Training
08:30 to 16:30.
Course duration and times may vary depending on delegate numbers.
Delegates are required to supply their own PPE.
ASET International Oil & Gas Training Academy, Aberdeen Altens Campus, Hareness Road, Aberdeen, AB12 3LE.
Really good set up in this course and exceeded my original expectations. Will definitely recommend to others. Training and coaching was second to none and more importantly realistic
Talisman Sinopec Energy Uk Ltd
Download Course Directory